Burt/Mullet Lakes (Spring fishing)

Looking at spending some time on these lakes next spring. When does the spawn usually happen in that area? Late May, early June? I know it's whether dependent but I want to make my reservation now (VRBO). Any input would be appreciated.

2005 Champion 198 DC Elite
    2005 Mercury Optimax-225hp (Serial#1B073011)

2. Member
    You are pretty on the mark in your time frames, but like ya said. It's a crap shoot. There is always hotel rooms around in may for sure if ya get a nice weather weekend and the prior weather has got the temps up just right. That would save you on the booking now. If you book now, I would go safe and pick the first week of june. Gonna be nuts out there daytime, but early and late should calm down.

3. Member
    I spent a week up there this past summer mid-end of June (18-25) and saw many bass still on beds in Mullet, didn't fish Burt. The beds were scattered all over and I was on the TM a bunch to find each bedded fish. It was very windy on most days, so it was either early or late when the wind calmed down to find them.

Last year the spawn was later and more drawn out than "normal" due to the recurring cold fronts in June. "Normal" years always put the inland lakes on beds just before and after Memorial day.
    Butch Derickson
    2011 Z521 w/250 hp SHO
    Traverse City, Michigan

The far end at Crooked lake you will find them spawning a little earlier than Burt and Mullet. Old video, but I believe this was 2nd or 3rd week of May.

https://rumble.com/vbh0i9-crooked-la...66lt3&mc=9e0fe