plastic housing on battery charger

Has anybody ever replaced the plastic housing on a PRO Charging Systems pro series charger?

I purchased a 4 bank charger off FB marketplace. When I received it in the mail, the plastic housing around the unit had been severely damaged, exposing the innards of the unit.

Fortunately for me, the seller opted to refund my money as soon as I sent him pics of the damage. So I am not out any money, and now have this damaged unit.

I spoke with PRO Charging Systems, and I can purchase a new plastic housing for $30. The rep said they sell them frequently, and perfectly fine to replace, given a good marine grade sealant is used to fix.

I would imagine this is standard practice when chargers are sent in for lithium conversion. It would be great to have this charger functioning for $30.

Has anybody every replaced the plastic housing on a charger?

2. Member
    Don't know if you can make it "waterproof" again, I'd get a new housing and use it not mounted "onboard", that is don't install it in the boat and when in use try to keep it dry.

Make it a portable wall hanging unit.
    2018 G3 Sportsman 17
    2018 Yamaha F90
    Garmin Ultra 106sv bow/console
    Ionic lithium batteries

Of course, you can make it waterproof, lots of good sealant's up to the job. Replacing the housing is an easy job
    Thank You Leon Pugh