Mega live question

Installed one for a friend on ultrex . now get a message saying trolling motor disconnected and mega live source lost.. both message comes and goes. Any ideas.

2. Member
    Check you power connections. Put some dielectric grease on the power connector cable.

3. Member
    If not a connection issue try resetting defaults and see if it recognizes the motor and live.

4. Member
    Also sounds like it could losing network connection. The Ultrex and Mega Live are network devices. I would try both the suggestions then start looking at the cables/connections to the Ethernet Switch. Since there are more than 2 network devices, they will all be connected to a switch, wherever it is located. The devices may still be powered on but you will get that message if they lose connection to the network.
    Have a Blessed Day,
    Mike

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by munchie View Post
    Installed one for a friend on ultrex . now get a message saying trolling motor disconnected and mega live source lost.. both message comes and goes. Any ideas.
    Did you ever figure this out, I am having same issue

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by fatboy1 View Post
    Did you ever figure this out, I am having same issue
    No in process of doing the updates.
    Last edited by munchie; 12-03-2022 at 12:51 PM.

7. Member
    I had a similar issue with my trolling motor loosing network connection; I found it was a loose connection for the ethernet power with a blade style connector on the house fuse panel of my boat. I ended up separating my electronics and putting them on a separate BlueSeas fuse block using ring connectors connected to a dedicated Lithium battery. Haven't had an issue with disconnecting of the network since.