Thread: Gatorbak xp'd

Gatorbak xp'd

Just ordered some for my 06 ta 196,hoping i dont have hull blisters yet.Only 95hrs on the boat so maybe i will get lucky.Should i just pull my old carpet off and put them on or should i get new boards.

2. Member
    Depends on how you plan on doing the swap, I did it at the boat ramp so I opted for new boards and bolts with everything prepped, couple hand clamps and a cordless impact it was quick….if you have a place for the boat to sit and your boards are still good it’s up to you if you want to pull carpet.
    Side note, if you switch boards buy some black deck stain and pre-stain them black(assuming you got black Gatorbaks)…. It makes the finish product look better.
    2019 Ford F-150 Platinum (3.5EcoBoost/10spd)
    **Listed FOR SALE**2014 Ranger Z119C w/ Evinrude ETEC 225HO Running Croxton’s Razor 4XL 25P
    Helix 12 Mega G2N’s with Ultrex
    Think like a fish, no matter how weird it gets

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by blueball View Post
    Just ordered some for my 06 ta 196,hoping i dont have hull blisters yet.Only 95hrs on the boat so maybe i will get lucky.Should i just pull my old carpet off and put them on or should i get new boards.
    I just installed mine and wasn't lucky. Blisters along about half the length of the two long center bunks. I replaced my boards so I had them ready to go ahead of time as Xing said. That parts was quick and easy. The wiring was a different story.

'17 Nitro Z21, 250ProXS serial # 2B399616, 24p Fury4, 12" Atlas, Apex 16 @ console, Apex 16 & Apex 13 @ bow, Mega 360, Ultrex, 8ft blades

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TXZ21 View Post
    I just installed mine and wasn't lucky. Blisters along about half the length of the two long center bunks. I replaced my boards so I had them ready to go ahead of time as Xing said. That parts was quick and easy. The wiring was a different story.

Looks really good!

5. Member
    What type lumber did yall use when yall replaced the boards,thanks

6. Member
    KDAT lumber is the best for this purpose…..was not available near me when I did mine. I got the dryest pressure treated lumber I could find from a local lumber yard……much drier than anything available at a big box hardware store.
    Lightning 6
    2007 TR-196DC