Ranger boat cover / z518

Tried to install my boat cover for the first time when I went to store it for the winter. Could not easily get it all buttoned up so just left it mostly covering the boat. My boat came with an Ultrex but i had my dealer swap that out for my Lowrance Ghost from my last boat. Can’t imagine that the Ghost requires more room than the bulky Ultrex.

The toughest spot seemed to be around the starboard rear corner. The engine rigging hose really seems in the way.

Any tips on getting this to fit better? Do you guys pull your TM up/back a bit so less of the lower unit and prop is hanging over the bow? Appreciate any tips. Thx
    2022 Ranger z518 / 2022 Merc Pro XS 200 serial # 3B137559

2. Ranger Boats Moderator jc2bg's Avatar
    Was the cover warm when you attempted the installation? If not, it will stretch/fit better when warmed up. Otherwise, as you suggest, pulling the trolling motor up as much as possible will help.
    John Clark — Findlay, Ohio

3. Member
    Did you have your seats all the way down and if you have a rear seat, is it facing forward?

4. Member
    Thanks John. No; the cover was in my garage in the original packing and bag. And it was not warm out. I’ll move my TM up and warm up the cover inside the house before trying to put it on my boat again.

Rangerboy34-I did not have either seat installed when I tried to install the cover.
    2022 Ranger z518 / 2022 Merc Pro XS 200 serial # 3B137559