Power Pole Light from Hydrilla Gear

I'm thinking about getting a Light for my PP blade. I'm leaning towards this one bc I like the looks and I like that it's metal. Does anyone have any experience with it?

Iv read on here where another brand that is similar(ish) only lasts about a year before going out, leaking, ect?

Triton 19 XS Elite, 225 Mercury Pro XS, Minn Kota Ultrex 112, Hydrowave H2, Twin 8' Power Pole Blades, Power Pole CHARGE, Lowrance HDS 12 and 16 at console, Lowrance HDS 9, Garmin LiveScope at bow, Mercmonitor, Rigid Industries Deck lights and other stuff to come that will make me go more broke

2. BBC SPONSOR/ Shallow Water Anchors Moderator
    The " ,other brand " think you referring to would be the RMP light .. they have gone thru a redesign on that product and we see very few (if any) failures since the new redesigned bulb was implimented. if you were to have a bulb failure RMP replaces it for free. The Hydrilla gear model is also good and indeed metal and slightly more compact in design however that comes with a signifigantly higher cost. The RMP light should be back in stock with us within the next 2 weeks if thats the route you choose to go.
    Last edited by KandKKustomz; 11-30-2022 at 01:34 PM.

3. Member
    I have a RMP light on my poles. It looks good. Works great.
    Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill

Hydrilla Gear is same cost as RMP light essentially with BBC Discount - Call Rich at Hydrilla Gear he will get you set up. The HG version is seriously overbuilt and much nicer than the plastic clamshell version from RMP, imo.

Quote Originally Posted by 78Staff View Post
    Hydrilla Gear is same cost as RMP light essentially with BBC Discount - Call Rich at Hydrilla Gear he will get you set up. The HG version is seriously overbuilt and much nicer than the plastic clamshell version from RMP, imo.
    Nice. I'll give him a call. I wish he had that light when I bought my poles from him back in 2020

Triton 19 XS Elite, 225 Mercury Pro XS, Minn Kota Ultrex 112, Hydrowave H2, Twin 8' Power Pole Blades, Power Pole CHARGE, Lowrance HDS 12 and 16 at console, Lowrance HDS 9, Garmin LiveScope at bow, Mercmonitor, Rigid Industries Deck lights and other stuff to come that will make me go more broke

6. BBC SPONSOR
    All BBC Members can use promo code BBC30 during checkout to receive 30% off our LED
    (among other HG branded products) and FREE shipping in the U.S.

The fixture is composed of CNC milled aluminum finished in a hard coated black anodized finish. The LED chip and board is 100% fully sealed backed by a 2 year full replacement warranty on electrical components.

Like all of our products we design them to last.

I can assure you it is the most compact, streamlined, brightest, and most durable light on the market.

Super easy to install, includes everything needed for install, and our design will fit ALL model Power Poles and RAPTORS. If you decide to sell your boat, upgrade anchors etc you can be sure our design will carry over.

Any questions contact rich@hydrillagear.

Quote Originally Posted by Hydrilla Gear View Post
    All BBC Members can use promo code BBC30 during checkout to receive 30% off our LED
    (among other HG branded products) and FREE shipping in the U.S.

The fixture is composed of CNC milled aluminum finished in a hard coated black anodized finish. The LED chip and board is 100% fully sealed backed by a 2 year full replacement warranty on electrical components.

Like all of our products we design them to last.

I can assure you it is the most compact, streamlined, brightest, and most durable light on the market.

Super easy to install, includes everything needed for install, and our design will fit ALL model Power Poles and RAPTORS. If you decide to sell your boat, upgrade anchors etc you can be sure our design will carry over.

Any questions contact rich@hydrillagear.
    Order placed

8. BBC SPONSOR
    Yes sir and in route

I love my hydrilla gear light, super bright and very well made.
    2022 Caymas cx20pro 250 Pro XS s/n 3B099812

Where did you bring the wire for the PP light into the boat at?

Quote Originally Posted by Tim W View Post
    Where did you bring the wire for the PP light into the boat at?
    When I ran CM1's, I just brought it in alongside the black/blue tubing through the Skeeter Factory Clamshell. When I switched to CM2's, I used the HG Billet plates for the new style hyd hoses, so just ran the wire through the clamshell that the transducer cable runs though. Or you can run it through the rigging tube, just depends on your boat setup.

12. BBC SPONSOR
    Quote Originally Posted by 78Staff View Post
    When I ran CM1's, I just brought it in alongside the black/blue tubing through the Skeeter Factory Clamshell. When I switched to CM2's, I used the HG Billet plates for the new style hyd hoses, so just ran the wire through the clamshell that the transducer cable runs though. Or you can run it through the rigging tube, just depends on your boat setup.

James is on it with a few ideas

Tim, The LED wire diameter is small enough to follow the Power Pole hose thru the same rubber grommet and into the boat. There should be no need to to drill additional holes for the wire. Makes for a very clean install.

Quote Originally Posted by Hydrilla Gear View Post
    James is on it with a few ideas

Tim, The LED wire diameter is small enough to follow the Power Pole hose thru the same rubber grommet and into the boat. There should be no need to to drill additional holes for the wire. Makes for a very clean install.
    That's exactly the way i was gona attempt. I'm glad to know that will work.

The Hydrilla Gear light is very well made and easy to install. The wire is encased in a nice sleeve which makes for a clean installation

Last edited by Tim W; 12-09-2022 at 07:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tim W View Post
    The Hydrilla Gear light is very well made and easy to install. The wire has is encased in a nice sleeve which makes for a clean installation

I like that, I think I will move mine from the clamshell to alongside one of of the PP hoses... much cleaner look

Yes sir it's the best way to go in my opinion. It takes a little effort to get the wire through the gromet but it's worth it.

yeah just have to cut the wire since I already have it run... no big deal I cut it when I switched from PRO II's to Blades a few weeks ago, so have some slack I can just cut out those connectors and re-run it. Should have done it when I switched to the blades, and even thought about it at the time, but since I had that nice open clamshell the path of least resistance won out lol... But I will change it over tomorrow... have a few small projects to do ie mounting my Live Foot stomp buttons and cleaning up some tackle, etc.

18. Lowrance/Garmin/GPS Moderator fishin couillon's Avatar
    Nice....might have to look into this light...
    YOU are not entitled to what I have earned!!!!!

2014 Phoenix 619 Pro / 2014 Mercury 200 Pro XS

19. Member
    i have the hennessy power pole light and its very nice