Prop Suggestions

I recently repowered to a 250 pro xs with a 1.62 sportsmaster on it. For cruising and playing i have a 28et but have yet to find something for fishing. Does anyone with a similar setup have any suggestions?
    Thanks, Drake
    97 Allison XB2003/ 250 Proxs

2. Member
    My son is running a 225 Pro XS with 1.62 SM on an XB2003. He runs a 27 pro max and it’s on the stiff side with 2 people. It might be a good option for your setup.
    2024 Xpress X21 / Yamaha 250 SHO
    2022 Allison XB-21 BasSport Pro Elite / 2022 Mercury 300R (Sold)

3. Member
    Not sure due to difference in boats but the best overall prop Ive ran on three different boats with a 250XS and 300XS for fishing loads and overall performance is a BravoXS. I currently run a 27 pitch with a 300XS on my 21XB 2+2. Great holeshot, good mid range, and decent top end. It's also a very efficient prop as they carry loads very well at lower speeds when cruising in the 40 to 50 mph range.
    Also know that the bravo xs props are cast in even numbers and the ODD pitches are just tweaked at the factor with more pitch. So as an example, a 27 is a cast 26 with more pitch added. Odd pitched props carries loads better and better hole shots with virtually no blowout. I've had both even and odd pitched props and the odd pitches perform better on my set up.
    2008 Allison XB21 2+2
    2011 Mercury 300XS

4. Member
    Didn't know that about odd pitches. I have a 2+2 as well with 8' poles, lithium's, but a bunch of tackle and struggle with props as well. Had a worked 25 Hydro that was more like a 26 that had a great hole shot, carried the load well, accelerated quick, and had good top end. When I slung a blade you couldn't get props so the closest I found was a 26 Bravo XS. Good hole shot, but terrible lost 3-4 mph so I've been searching for something comparable to that Hydromotive. Promax has no hole shot for me, a 28 sent the nose straight up in the air and I have to walk the boat to get her to plane.

Quote Originally Posted by rward69 View Post
    Not sure due to difference in boats but the best overall prop Ive ran on three different boats with a 250XS and 300XS for fishing loads and overall performance is a BravoXS. I currently run a 27 pitch with a 300XS on my 21XB 2+2. Great holeshot, good mid range, and decent top end. It's also a very efficient prop as they carry loads very well at lower speeds when cruising in the 40 to 50 mph range.
    Also know that the bravo xs props are cast in even numbers and the ODD pitches are just tweaked at the factor with more pitch. So as an example, a 27 is a cast 26 with more pitch added. Odd pitched props carries loads better and better hole shots with virtually no blowout. I've had both even and odd pitched props and the odd pitches perform better on my set up.
    Mike Malinao
    2010 XB-21 BasSport 2+2 250 Mercury Pro XS
    https://www.facebook.com/mikemalinaofishing

5. BBC SPONSOR
    Quote Originally Posted by tap_tap_boom View Post
    Didn't know that about odd pitches. I have a 2+2 as well with 8' poles, lithium's, but a bunch of tackle and struggle with props as well. Had a worked 25 Hydro that was more like a 26 that had a great hole shot, carried the load well, accelerated quick, and had good top end. When I slung a blade you couldn't get props so the closest I found was a 26 Bravo XS. Good hole shot, but terrible lost 3-4 mph so I've been searching for something comparable to that Hydromotive. Promax has no hole shot for me, a 28 sent the nose straight up in the air and I have to walk the boat to get her to plane.

Also depends on the prop:

Bravo: Cast even pitched UP for odds
    Promax: Cast even pitched DOWN for odds
    Fastbass Marine LLC
    We specialize in NEW and USED ALLISON BOATS, Blazer Boats, Platinum Mercury Marine Repower Center, AquaTraction Flooring, and custom marine electronic installations on beautiful Kentucky and Barkley Lakes.

2022 Allison XB-21 BasSport Pro Elite
    2022 Mercury 450R

2012 Bullet 21ss
    2005 Mercury 300X

https://youtu.be/FOnAGNWOgZ0

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Tim Powell View Post
    Also depends on the prop:

Bravo: Cast even pitched UP for odds
    Promax: Cast even pitched DOWN for odds
    Thank you Tim. I did not know that about the Promax props.
    2020 Triton 18 TRX
    Tournament Fishing Package
    2020 Mercury 200 Pro XS V8 Serial # 2B588923
    Minn Kota Ultrex 80# I Pilot Link
    Hi Jacker EZ 6" Jack Plate
    Bravo 1 FS 24 Pitch Prop
    Humminbird Helix 7 SI GPS CHIRP G2 Bow
    Humminbird Helix 7 CHIRP MEGA GPS DI G3 Console
    Trick Step Boarding Steps
    RMP Engine Support

Thanks fellas I figured it be a promax or something similar. Now I just gotta start testing props
    97 Allison XB2003/ 250 Proxs

8. Member
    Promax or Pro ET will run well.