Stacked Dual Graph Bow Mount Pics

I am trying to decide between a shroud and over trolling motor deck mount( Str8) and on my 919, will be a 12 and either a 9 or 10.

Any pic of what you have mounted??

2. Member
    FFA7E00E-C08B-4EBE-9BB3-E7350A150924.jpegADDC1039-B6DA-4AA3-8265-DE212A7EE7F9.jpeg

I just did this a couple weeks ago on my 23 919 since I “had to have” active target. HDSLive 9s on the Precision Sonar shroud mount with the backer plate. My first time to do anything like this, so of course it’s awesome to me.

3. Member
    …and yes…the road grime on the brand new rig keeps me up at night.

4. Member
    On my 2022 721 I have a str8 up 5" rise dual mount. it is rock solid; I do think the 7" will work better for more clearance when operating the trolling motor. If possible, bolt it to the floor and it will not go anywhere. I definitely recommend the str8 up.

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bearplane04 View Post
    FFA7E00E-C08B-4EBE-9BB3-E7350A150924.jpegADDC1039-B6DA-4AA3-8265-DE212A7EE7F9.jpeg

I just did this a couple weeks ago on my 23 919 since I “had to have” active target. HDSLive 9s on the Precision Sonar shroud mount with the backer plate. My first time to do anything like this, so of course it’s awesome to me.
    Is that mounted directly to the plastic shroud? When I had my shroud off it didn't look like there was a way to mount a backer plate, directly to the boat. Does a cover fit with that ?

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jgp32 View Post
    On my 2022 721 I have a str8 up 5" rise dual mount. it is rock solid; I do think the 7" will work better for more clearance when operating the trolling motor. If possible, bolt it to the floor and it will not go anywhere. I definitely recommend the str8 up.
    does that setup work with a cover?

7. Member
    Yeah, it’s the shroud mount, and there is an aluminum backer plate on the back/under side of the shroud. It’s drilled and tapped to match the holes on the plate you see on the top side flush to the shroud face. I didn’t think about taking pictures of the install. I was more nervous about screwing up a brand new boat I guess. If there’s another angle of which a picture would help, just let me know. I’ve put the factory cover on twice since the 2nd graph install to make the 90 mile run to the dealer (different story) and it fits fine.
    My original plan was to go with a floor mount. But after a few minutes on the phone with PSP, I had what you see coming.

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bearplane04 View Post
    Yeah, it’s the shroud mount, and there is an aluminum backer plate on the back/under side of the shroud. It’s drilled and tapped to match the holes on the plate you see on the top side flush to the shroud face. I didn’t think about taking pictures of the install. I was more nervous about screwing up a brand new boat I guess. If there’s another angle of which a picture would help, just let me know. I’ve put the factory cover on twice since the 2nd graph install to make the 90 mile run to the dealer (different story) and it fits fine.
    My original plan was to go with a floor mount. But after a few minutes on the phone with PSP, I had what you see coming.
    Is the backer plate mounted directly to the shroud or is it mounted to the boat under the shroud?
    Did you run new power to the fuse in locker or direct to battery?

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bjxds View Post
    Is the backer plate mounted directly to the shroud or is it mounted to the boat under the shroud?
    Did you run new power to the fuse in locker or direct to battery?
    The backer plate and the front plate sandwich the shroud. So, the weight of the dual mount and the graphs is on the shroud - which is why I was originally planning to go with a floor mount. But, this one is solid. When I put the shroud back on the boat after installing the mount, I didn’t get any indication or feeling that the shroud was overloaded or anything like that. You can yank on it and nothing flexes or anything like that.

I ran a new pair of 10ga marine wire back to the fuse panel on the integrated harness. Also ran a 3rd wire for the active target wake up wire. Used heat shrink connectors and heat shrink on top of that - and cut out the junk wire job that came with the original graph under the shroud - to give you an idea of how I tend to overdo things - and still feel confident in the shroud mount!

also…I just went out there to make sure I was charged up for tomorrow afternoon, and measured the top of the top graph being 2” above the ultrex shaft right beside it. To give you an idea of clearance for the cover - which like I said earlier is not a problem. Both 9s remember. I also went with the angled brackets on the bottom graph to pull it up closer to the top one, but I suppose I could have just flipped that and put the angled brackets on the top one to pull it closer to the bottom one.

I’m being too talky - I’ll shut up. You’re doing the right thing using this network to get the ideas and info to make the best decision. I wish I had done that just to see what all is out there.

10. Member
    Bearplane04

Thanks for all the info. It sounds like the mount is very solid.
    Good luck tomorrow, stay safe.

11. Member
    Yes, I trailer with cover on all the time. No problems

12. Member
    Probably the most you've said I one sitting! I can promise you guys its strong, he can't help his engineering self! Speaking from personal experience.
    2014 Phoenix 721XP, 250 SHO, Bobs Action Jack, Dual Blades, 112 Ultrex, 2019 Lariat FX4 F150 Supercrew 4x4

13. Member
    After almost 3 years of having the BBT dual mount, I'll be changing to one that bolts to the deck. The shroud mount just isn't stout enough in rough water. Always working loose and starting to wallow out the holes in the shroud.

Before you change mounts you could look at just adding ram mount supports on each side of the mount. I have a triple mount on the fiberglass shroud and where it extends over the deck I just added those and it eliminated all movement. Also quick to remove.
    2024 Phoenix 21 XE - Mercury 250 PRO XS Serial #3B429919
    2017 Phoenix PHX 21 - Yamaha 250 SHO
    2010 Skeeter 20i - Yamaha 250 SHO
    1988 Procraft 1780 Competitor - Mercury 100