Thread: 2007 Pro XS 250

2007 Pro XS 250

I have 2007 pro Xanax 250 with around 100hrs on it. Was running last Thursday and it started missing very briefly and it died. I thought I’d tan out of gas so i filled it up and went back today and it idles very rough for about 5 seconds and dies. It smokes like crazy and has no power at all. I’ve not checked compression yet. Any ideas what this could be? Thanks
    07" Triton Tr21X HP

2. Member
    Info on your engine, including recommended compression test procedure, will be in the 3 liter section below. Include your engine serial number for response from the mod/tech's. In the meantime, you can remove your cowl and check to see if the compressor belt is intact. IMO, failure of the belt itself is your best case scenario. Good luck!

3. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    If you would, please take a few minutes to review the Announcements at the top of the Forum, and be sure to provide the Required Info (serial number) when posting. Thanks!

As suggested above, a careful visual inspection under the cowling (including belt, wiring, plug wires, fuel system, any fuel leaks, etc. is the best STARTING point.

Followed by the Basics: Compression Test, Spark Test and Fuel Quality/Delivery/Air-Fuel Pressures.

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor