NRX+ 883C BJR Bladed Jig Rod anyone?

Really interested to hearing some comments about the versatility of this rod.
    Tackle Tour put out a review on this rod and highly recommend it
    http://www.tackletour.com/reviewgloomisnrxplusbjr.html

I'd like to hear some reviews/thoughts from actual owners.
    Plan on using it for 1/2oz spinnerbaits/bladed jigs and hopefully it can handle some treble hook topwaters knowing it has more of a parabolic taper.

2. Member
    I have a dozen NRX/NRX+ rods but not that model. I do however have the IMX-Pro version and so far its been great. Lighter then comparable glass rods and no problems keeping them pinned.

I just bought an NRX so I hope it is good!

The 883C came in today. I quick first impression without fishing and just casting in the yard. The 883 is more parabolic than fast. I usually use my NRX 853C for 3/8-1/2 chatter baits.

I think this rod will be great for open water and sparce or isolated weeds. I don't think it will excel in the thick stuff. I will keep you posted once I get it on the water.

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Bass View Post
    The 883C came in today. I quick first impression without fishing and just casting in the yard. The 883 is more parabolic than fast. I usually use my NRX 853C for 3/8-1/2 chatter baits.

I think this rod will be great for open water and sparce or isolated weeds. I don't think it will excel in the thick stuff. I will keep you posted once I get it on the water.
    I mainly fish sparce weeds & clear water. How do think it'll do with treble hooks? Probably good considering the parabolic properties?

Ok but it would not be my first choice for trebles

7. Member
    i too am continuing to search for the ultimate bladed jig rod as well as swim jig rod so this discussion is helpful

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Bass View Post
    Ok but it would not be my first choice for trebles

I can tell you what I have found so far as very good to decent chatter bait rods.

NRX 853C. JWR. 3/8-1/2 oz lures for this model
    Cashion Icon Chatter Bait Rod. 3/8-1/2 oz. lures for this model as well.
    Ark Rods Tharp Series B-Hittay 7'4" is a real winner and a great price. again 3/8 to 1/2 but it could handle 3/4 but excels at 1/2 oz baits
    Ark Rods. Tharp Series Grinder 7'. Perfect for skipping under docks and target fishing chatter baits.

I have also used.
    NRX 873C for 3/4 oz chatter baits

There are many that are out there that I have never used.
    I have found that a 100% fiberglass rod are to slow for me especially when ripping the chatter bait through the weeds.
    I prefer 100% graphite or a mix of graphite/glass that come with the Ark rods mentioned.

Also keep in mind that I am fishing the north east and other parts of the country may require heavier rods as I am mostly fishing scattered weeds and open water with these baits.

9. Member
    How would the conquest 844 mbr be for chatterbaits?

Quote Originally Posted by Cabo31 View Post
    I sold my NRX version as I couldn't figure out what to do with it. The NRX version was not a winner for chatter baits for me.

11. Member
    Any one fish the imx 883 bjr Rod?

12. Member
    Any one fish the imx 883 bjr Rod?
    Look at post #2

13. Member
    I use my 843C for chatterbaits mostly 3/8oz Jackhammers and MiniMax and I love it for them. Would think the 844C would work for them as well being a mbr.

14. Member
    I've used my NRX+883 BJR for about a year and a half or so. Honestly, if you use a heavy trailer on a 1/2oz spinnerbait/chatterbait, it might overpower the tip. 1/2oz spinnerbait with no trailer would work. 1/2oz jackhammer with the smaller hog farmer trailer might work. It's perfect for any 3/8oz though. over 1/2oz I go back to my iRod swim/vibrating jig rod.
    2001 Champion 187 Yamaha 175
    12' Talons, Lithiums and Garmins
    All pulled by a Hemi