Led light replacement

I finally got around to switching out the old bulb trailer lights for LED's over the holiday weekend. Now when the trailer is connected to my truck, but not turned on, the lights will flash slightly every couple of minutes. It's a 2016 Ranger RT 188 trailer and a 2020 GMC Sierra truck. The towing system in the truck recognizes the trailer and says all the connections are good, all the lights are working properly. Any suggestions?

2. mikesxpress
    Need to recheck all your connections especially the grounds. They should not be flashing.

3. Member
    It's a 2016 Ranger RT 188 trailer and a 2020 GMC Sierra truck. The towing system in the truck recognizes the trailer and says all the connections are good, all the lights are working properly. Any suggestions?
    Normal when trailer connected with led lights.

Brillant GM trailer security feature.

Check your truck manual.

Not visible with filament bulbs.

Can't tell you how many times I have had a good Joe come down to the launch and yell " Your lights are on" during dawn launches.

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeF View Post
    Normal when trailer connected with led lights.

Brillant GM trailer security feature.

Check your truck manual.

Not visible with filament bulbs.

Can't tell you how many times I have had a good Joe come down to the launch and yell " Your lights are on" during dawn launches.
    You're right, I should have googled it before posting.

5. Member
    And if you want to stop it just put a regular light in any of the taillight sockets. Closest to the truck preferred. Or wire one in extra on the trailer like a step light but it HAS to be a incandescent. CJ
    2002 X19 200HP OX66 HO Vmax,HPDI lower, it lives, thanks Hydro Tec.

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by CJ1 View Post
    And if you want to stop it just put a regular light in any of the taillight sockets. Closest to the truck preferred. Or wire one in extra on the trailer like a step light but it HAS to be a incandescent. CJ
    Ok. It has a white light for the license plate. Never even knew I had it until I changed out the tail light, so I could replace that one, but it doesn't bother me.

7. Member
    You need enough resistance to suck up the pulse as to not light the lights in the circuit. I ran into this with headache racks people were putting on new trucks and tieing into the trailer harness to make them work. The dealership said that there was nothing they could do?! Well it.didnt take a rocket scientist to figure out if I just wired a standard bulb in one of the sockets the flashing lights would stop. It does work. Just like fords better idea to have the charge circuit for the trailer not work if there is no brake light hooked to the trailer lights. STUPID. Had to hook into the stop light circuit to turn on the 12v charge line so I could charge a battery in the truck bed. I know know what wires to jump to bypass this but all this computer controlled crap is bs. Cj
    2002 X19 200HP OX66 HO Vmax,HPDI lower, it lives, thanks Hydro Tec.