Motor mount / Swivel pin

2005 200EFI 1B043258.
    I removed my powerhead to check out my motor mounts cause there is some back and forth movement. Motor mounts appear to be in good shape, removed them look them over did see any wear on them. Found some movement in the swivel pin. Could it be a combo of something worn out in the swivel pin and weaking motor mount? Also I have seen post were it say if you got your powerhead off to check your exhaust turner. What would I be looking for and is there a trick to get exhaust plate off.

Thanks, Shawn

2. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Lower mounts, and/or a combination of the lower yoke and swivel pin. Most commonly we see the majority of the wear in the yoke.

Four bolts that hold the adapter plate to the Driveshaft Housing must be removed- lower mount bolts should be loosened to provide about 1/2 travel, upper mount bolts removed completely, may need something to carefully wedge between swivel shaft and bottom of adapter plate. If it still doesn't come loose, contact me for further assistance (OFF line).

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

3. Member
    possibility rubber mounts /worn bushings and yoke , not necessary to pull power head to check idle reliefs just pull gear case and look up exh tube for restricted relief holes , the plate if never removed can be stuck badly to exh housing care must be taken in this area of removal , thin scraper
    .................................................. ...the scariest thing in life is the unknown ...................................

4. Member
    This site probably saved a accident with my 225, my swivel pin and yoke was completely worn out and just a ticking time bomb. Make sure to check everything out while apart.