Thread: Vexus Livewells

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Vexus Livewells

I thought I saw something somewhere about Vexus livewells not having a timer setting. Just off and on. Can’t really find any info that lists livewells as having a timer on them. Maybe one of you Vexus owners could let me know. Really looking hard at the VX 20. Also is the passenger console removable? Thanks
    Last edited by Warcat; 11-28-2022 at 10:09 PM.

Manual and timed. At least in my 1880 it is.
    2024 Phoenix 818, Mercury 175 (3B414035) Trick Steps, 3 Garmin 106 SV,s, LVS 34. BoatEFX dual bow mount. Ionic 12V 125AH, 2 12V 100 ah LiTime’s for the TM. Minn Kota 345 PCL charger,

3. Member
    my 2080 is the same as ifishinxs is
    DELIVERED 9/16/2019
    2020 VEXUS AVX 2080 RED
    200 HO G2
    ICON 3.5
    DUAL CONSOLE
    ULTREX 80/45 MDI I-LINK
    BOW Solix 10 MEGA 360
    Echomap Ultra 106 sv
    Panoptix Livescope System
    CONSOLE SOLIX 12
    IONIC lithium batteries

4. Moderator Vexus Boats sclark's Avatar
    L.W. RECIR. MAN./TIMED - use this button

VX20 Switch Pad.jpg

5. Member
    Thanks for the input everyone. I currently have Triton 20TRX and I have a timer switch that can be used on fresh in and recirculate. I prefer to run mine on a timer taking freshwater in. It looks like just by pic you could only run recirc. on timer mode?

6. Member
    Vexus VX series live well instructions/info. And VX port consoles are installed via SS fasteners (thru bolts) and adhesive/sealant (not sure if permanent or semi-permanent). So not made to remove and re-install as needed like other mfg's. However, the console is attached to one horizontal surface only, so it may be removed, the fastener holes filled, and sea deck installed on that horizontal surface. Vexus has sea deck pre-cut specifically for the console mounting surface. Assuming the adhesive doesn't damage the glass much on that mounting surface.

7. Member
    Gents: Thanks for your input about Vexus livewell operation even after reading all the info it still appears to me you can only run timed livewell operation only in recirc. mode. That is to me recirculating existing water in livewells. I’m in no way saying my way is best just what works for me and that is freshwater pumped into livewells and allowed to flow out the top overflow. Sometimes in really warm water I may run constant but generally I have on timed off and on. I have attached a pic of my Triton buttons showing manual and auto (timed off and on) mode. I have only ever owned Tritons so this Vexus operation is all new to me. Not trying to wear you guys out but there is nowhere close I can just go look at one.76567817-2E63-4B2E-8553-490A6F0772F2.jpeg

8. Member
    You can put It on auto or recirc and still run manual or timed.
    Sapphire Blue/Black Bottom Vexus AVX 1980, Mercury 150 Pro XS

9. Member
    Boom! Awesome thanks! These Vexus boats sure look great. I really don’t have any complaints with my boat just kinda wanting to get away from the whole corporate conglomerate of ownership. Phoenix, Caymas, Bass Cat, and Vexus all seem like individuals that would do whatever possible to take care of you. Good fishing!

10. Member
    Recent review on new VX 20 pertaining to livewells:CC1D6177-18DC-42B6-B9B6-456C82A113FE.jpeg This guy says you can’t run timed livewell while pumping in freshwater. Just to be clear once my livewell is full I then switch to timed operation but leave it on freshwater setting. I use recirculate while running and in parking lot. Once again thanks for the input.
    Last edited by Warcat; 12-01-2022 at 09:47 PM.

11. Member
    I guess the VX is different from the AVX because I absolutely can and do with the AVX.
    Sapphire Blue/Black Bottom Vexus AVX 1980, Mercury 150 Pro XS

12. Member
    Thanks Chump yea that does seem odd.

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Cbump View Post
    I guess the VX is different from the AVX because I absolutely can and do with the AVX.

I just looked at my AVX switches and it has Manual or Timed livewell options on switch panel. The VX should operate in fill auto(Timed) or manual modes.

Quote Originally Posted by Boat4Life View Post
    I just looked at my AVX switches and it has Manual or Timed livewell options on switch panel. The VX should operate in fill auto(Timed) or manual modes.
    Correct. The livewell switch(knob)has no bearing on what the pump switch is flipped too.
    2024 Phoenix 818, Mercury 175 (3B414035) Trick Steps, 3 Garmin 106 SV,s, LVS 34. BoatEFX dual bow mount. Ionic 12V 125AH, 2 12V 100 ah LiTime’s for the TM. Minn Kota 345 PCL charger,

15. Member
    On the VX Boats, you CANNOT bring in fresh water on a timer. Fresh water is ON or OFF.
    The only “timed” option is for recirculating.

1. Ensure that the pump out, in the livewell is not activated. 2. Place the Flow-rite selector switch in "Auto." 3. Press the "Livewell Fill Auto/Man" switch (switch turns red) to fill the livewells. This switch is a little misleading, because it's either "On," or "Off," even though it's labeled "Auto/Man." There is no timer on the fill switch. For recirculate:
    Once the livewell is at your desired level: 1. Turn the Flow-rite valve selector to "Recirc." 2. Press the "Recirc Auto/Man" switch (Switch turns red) for timed recirculation. Press the same switch again (switch turns green) and you're in "continuous" mode.
    As a side note, be very careful using Recirc, because without livewell additives. Toxins will build up and the water will become toxic to the fish and in warm months, the recirc pump, along with the Oxygenator can increase water temp to dangerous levels (Any boat, not just Vexus). Also make sure your fill control is in "Normal" unless you're actually using the Intensive Care feature, because a lot of aeration from your Fill pump occurs in the drop from the nozzle to the surface of the water in your livewell so you want some space between the two. In "Fill" mode, your nozzle will be under water.

16. Member
    Yep thank you Bbest for our input

17. Member
    I added a timer to my VX21 to “fix” this issue. Wired it to the live well on/off switch so I can cycle fresh water on the timer or have it on continuously, it works perfectly. Just can’t figure out why it didn’t come from the factory this way
    Money can't buy happiness but it can buy fishing baits and that's about the same thing

18. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by KomatoVX21 View Post
    I added a timer to my VX21 to “fix” this issue. Wired it to the live well on/off switch so I can cycle fresh water on the timer or have it on continuously, it works perfectly. Just can’t figure out why it didn’t come from the factory this way
    Yea I thought timed livewell (for freshwater) was standard on modern bass boats. Good idea on the timer

Quote Originally Posted by Warcat View Post
    Yea I thought timed livewell (for freshwater) was standard on modern bass boats. Good idea on the timer
    Yeah that seems kind of crazy on a $80,000+ VX when I can fill on auto on my $35,000 AVX. I’m not a huge fan of the Flow Right system on any boat but I settled for it on my AVX since I had no choice and don’t fish a bunch of tournaments. I much prefer the system my old Triton had even though it may have been over complicated. It had independent live wells and each one had individual pumps for fill, recirculating and pump out.

20. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Warcat View Post

I kinda thought the same thing
    Last edited by Koma; 06-26-2023 at 12:00 PM.
    Money can't buy happiness but it can buy fishing baits and that's about the same thing

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast