Cover Alterations in Central FL

Any recommendations, I may need to have a cover altered due to adding electronics.

2. Member
    Dick and Pam Cavender own RJ's Marine, they do boat lifts.
    They had a son who did VERY good custom canvas work.
    No clue if he is still doing it. But give them a call about it.
    Office #352-394-5666. If he's not, they might give a lead.

I'm considering the same, after adding electronics, new TM, and Live Foot Turret. Cover works... ok for covering at the house, but no way can I trailer with it anymore. Wasn't sure if I should get mine altered or just pony up for a new custom one. MY cover is 6-7 years old, and does have quite a bit of water seep through when it rains a lot, so am considering just going with a new one. But, will have to see how much cost difference is... Anyway, we have custom cover shop that already fixed it for me once when I ran over one of the straps and ripped it away from the cover lol, so going to pop in and see what they think.

Anyway, not in Central Fl but in Jacksonville - https://www.custommarinejax.com/

Talked to Custom Marine, they can modify to some extent, but really pushed me towards a new cover since I would need multiple modifications (Console, Bow, and TM areas). From them, a custom fitted trailer-able cover for bass boat with TM was $1250 or so with WeatherMax 80 Fabric.

I think a replacement Skeeter cover is about $1600, so that's not a terrible price, but they don't use webbing/clips for tieoffs like most bass boat covers, they used what looks like you basic nylon braided utility rope that ties around the trailer frame - which I'm not wild about tbh.

eg

5. Member
    The CM cover looks nice but, the individual rope tie downs are a deal breaker. I will keep looking

Quote Originally Posted by Bjxds View Post
    The CM cover looks nice but, the individual rope tie downs are a deal breaker. I will keep looking
    I agree, not for me either. I am going to ask if they can do the webbing straps like we are all used to.