Lowrance HDS 9 Carbon

My son has a HDS 9 Carbon about 1 year old. I put my Navionics card in it and will freeze the unit within 15 seconds or so. Turn the unit on the card in it, it will boot up to the screen that says uploading accept and it stays in this position for a while then the Carbon screen comes back up and freezes up again! Help would be appreciated!
    2014 Phoenix 721XP, 250 SHO, Bobs Action Jack, Dual Blades, 112 Ultrex, 2019 Lariat FX4 F150 Supercrew 4x4

2. Member
    First stick the card in the other slot and try, If it still freezes up the put your card in another units if it freezes up then its the card. Try updating the card on the Navionics site.

3. Member
    The card was working in my Hbird units. Try in both slots. I will try it again in my Hbird when get home. Was trying to use the card S.La. redfishing.
    2014 Phoenix 721XP, 250 SHO, Bobs Action Jack, Dual Blades, 112 Ultrex, 2019 Lariat FX4 F150 Supercrew 4x4

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BroWhoop View Post
    The card was working in my Hbird units. Try in both slots. I will try it again in my Hbird when get home. Was trying to use the card S.La. redfishing.
    . There is your problem. You have a HB card and not a Lowrance card.

5. Member
    Humminbird and Lowrance uses the same Navionics-cards. But as post #3 said, update the card and see if that helps.

Quote Originally Posted by BroWhoop View Post
    If the card came as a bundle with the Hb it won't work in a Lowrance