2008 Z21 repower

My HPDI 250 on my 2008 Z21 dropped a cylinder. Think Im about to repower with a new SHO 250. Has anyone figured out the prop for that setup yet? I have a T1 25 on the HPDI and it was right. How about prop to pad for the SHO on the Z21? Just know these are things I will eventually have to figure out and this is the home of the best Ranger info on the whole web! I see in older post that the question has been asked. Havent read a for sure answer to them though.
    Thanks in advance for answers.

2. Member
    T1 25P is working great for me with the same SHO on a 521C.
    Wish I could find another of the same prop for a spare.

3. Member
    I think our hulls are a good bit different but maybe mine will work also. It sounds likr Im going to have a chance to work with a prop shop to test some to figure mine out so hopefully I will have some updated info in a few weeks.

4. Member
    I have the same boat, 2008 z21 intracoastal (same boat), had a 2008 hpdi with a T1-25. The boat would run 70-71 top end. Two years ago i had a 2020 250 SHO installed, put a T2-25 unvented prop, the best i could get was 68 at 5700 rpm. I also have a T1-24 unvented prop that has been tuned by mark, it will turn 70 at 5950 rpms. I have been unable to turn 6200 rpm, which most people tell me is optimal with this motor. I guess the boat motor combination is at it limit at 70mph. Hope this helps.

5. Member
    I would like to add to the post above, i really like this SHO, after re-reading my last post it read as if i was disappointed with this motor, the SHO is a upgrade in every way over the HPDI. The low and midrange torque is tremendous.

6. Member
    Thanks for the info!! I dont want to loose any top end but I need more low and midrange so that sounds like good news! I will post when we get it tuned and see how it does.

7. Member
    Just an update for anyone who may need the info in the future. 2022 SHO 250 on 2008 Z21 with T2 25 prop seems to be great! Holeshot is better, mid range is better and topend is better. Boat hit 68 yesterday with me(260lbs) both my sons (170lbs&210lbs) fully loaded for a tourney. 67 with us and both wells full and 5 fish! Havent maxed it out alone yet but HPDI would not touch 68 with that load and would do 71 alone.

8. Member
    Those number are really good! What rpm are you turning that those speeds?

9. Member
    I do not have digital gauges and my tach is jumping around some like it may have a loose connection, motor sounds smooth. Im gonna say around 6200 maybe a tad more at WOT. One of my next moves is to connect new motor to my garmin if I can confirm exactly how that works.

10. Member
    I used a Lowrance Yamaha Engine Interface Cable RD NEMA 5 Pin 120-37 to connect the SHO to my Garmin Units.