Rod storage locks

Has anybody replaced the locks on their rod locker? Are they universal size or do I need locks specific to my make model etc?

2. Member
    I only have one Lock Latch for my rod storage locker. I have a total of nine Perko manufactured Lock Latches. Over time, the Perko locks would fail (saltwater does that to some metals).
    I recently went to Perko and purchased nine new lock cylinder and keys and just replaced the bad lock cylinders. I was able to keep the same key number for the new cylinders. Some Lock Latches took a little effort to disassemble due to corrosion but I changed them all out.
    Hope this information helps you.
    Harleytimes
    Triton SF21
    Honda 200hp

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by harleytimes View Post
    I only have one Lock Latch for my rod storage locker. I have a total of nine Perko manufactured Lock Latches. Over time, the Perko locks would fail (saltwater does that to some metals).
    I recently went to Perko and purchased nine new lock cylinder and keys and just replaced the bad lock cylinders. I was able to keep the same key number for the new cylinders. Some Lock Latches took a little effort to disassemble due to corrosion but I changed them all out.
    Hope this information helps you.

Thanks a few weeks ago I locked my locker and the next monring it wouldn't open. The lock just continously spun and wouldn't unlock. In the process of trying to get it open I broke the plastic handle off.

4. Member
    Had the same thing happen to me I just kept messing with it and was able to get it to turn a little bit with the key and was able to turn it to open it. It’s like it’s halfway unlocked.

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by PsuHntr View Post
    Has anybody replaced the locks on their rod locker? Are they universal size or do I need locks specific to my make model etc?
    Check the interwebz for the model of your latch. It may be simpler to replace the entire latch depending upon what you learn there. Amazon has dozens of options with details.
    2005 Triton TR-196
    1990 ProCraft ProCaster 180

6. Member
    I replaced all mine when I recently had my carpet replaced. Total of 7 locking and 3 non-locking. Want to say it was close to $400. They all came keyed the same. Just called Boat Outfitters and told them what I wanted. Fast, free shipping and very helpful.

NoCAL
    2004TR-21X/2015 250 ProXS
    2B112175