Epoch Batteries ?

looking at switching to lithium trolling motor battery . i run a 24v ultrex currently using 2 deep cycles and would like to change lithium for space and wieght considerations . looking for any advice on any company, although i have had a couple guys tell me they loved thier epoch products . always like to have all the input here though - seems most here have the best advice . thanks

2. Member
    these seem to be one of the best deals going

https://www.amazon.com/LiFePO4-Lithi..._dp&th=1&psc=1
    2022 z519 cup 225 merc 4s ser # 3B210484. 2--hds12 live units. 2 poles, atlas plate, ghost, hamby's, active target, merc digital gauges
    2002 basscat pantera 3 (dad bought new) sold 8-2-22
    2000 stratos 20 ss (bought new) 200 hp Rude ficht great boat/motor sold 11-21
    pulled by a 2500HD Denali
    proud dad of an ARMY Captain
    MAGA
    ASE/GM Master tech before tools

Quote Originally Posted by mactlman View Post
    these seem to be one of the best deals going

https://www.amazon.com/LiFePO4-Lithi..._dp&th=1&psc=1
    until you read the 1 and 2 star reviews. that said for the price may be worth taking a chance

4. Member
    I too have been looking into the Epoch batteries. The main things I see as a negative are: 1. There "11 year warranty" is only good for 36 months. After that it prorates out to the point at just 4 years you're service charger to replace/repair is about the price of a new one and increases monthly till 11 years. 2. The size of the battery is significantly larger than most others. Taller, wider, longer, and heavier than others. Good price and some good reviews including the guy who cuts them open. Just know you're warranty is useless if you outlast most wetcell, AGMs. How important is a warranty to you?
    2013 X19 F200LB Yamaha

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom B View Post
    until you read the 1 and 2 star reviews. that said for the price may be worth taking a chance
    78% gave them a 5 star
    11% gave them a 4 star
    -----
    88% 4 or more stars???? seems pretty good by amazon standards

2022 z519 cup 225 merc 4s ser # 3B210484. 2--hds12 live units. 2 poles, atlas plate, ghost, hamby's, active target, merc digital gauges
    2002 basscat pantera 3 (dad bought new) sold 8-2-22
    2000 stratos 20 ss (bought new) 200 hp Rude ficht great boat/motor sold 11-21
    pulled by a 2500HD Denali
    proud dad of an ARMY Captain
    MAGA
    ASE/GM Master tech before tools

6. Member
    I was looking at the 24v 100ah and I haven't really needed a warranty on anything since my first wife's warranty wound up not being honored and her return policy was expired so that cost me a small fortune!! Lol ! Most important to me I believe is the space saving and I'm hoping to leave it in for the winter with power to it for warmth.
    Thanks and have a great!