Mounting transducer on jackplate

Hi, has anyone installed their transducer on their jackplate using Transducer Saver products (shield and L bracket)? If so any cons to doing this?
    Thanks

2. Member
    IMG_6889.jpeg
    No cons it is perfect.
    JT

2014 Ranger Z521C / Yamaha VMAX SHO 250 / IONIC Batteries
    Garmin 57” Force TM, ECHOMAP Ultra 106sv’s, LVS34

3. Member
    Great product and protects your transducer better than anything out there. Check out this video:

ciao,
    Marc

4. Member
    The only con is your transducer will not work on plane as its out of the water. Most bass boats have a shoot thru transducer glued inside the hull for running on plane

5. Member
    Up to about 65, I used rmp mount on mine worked great
    Ron Fears
    Stroker/300XS
    1E003823

6. Member
    These guys have one also I just ordered one to try. https://www.bassfishinelectronics.com/

7. Member
    DewRonInc wgat is rmp mount?

8. Member
    Check out our RTL1100 also. Multiple great features with the #1 being that you physically level the transducer after the install (no need to guess prior to installation and get everything perfect ahead of time). Still a couple days left in our sale too! https://rytekmarine.com/collections/...ackplate-mount

Ryan

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Danbaerwald View Post
    These guys have one also I just ordered one to try. https://www.bassfishinelectronics.com/
    I have one, didn't have to drill any holes in my 2003 manual 5.5-inch CMC ML-65 jack plate (used 6061-T6 > spacer bushings, alum angle). I used my iPhone 'level utility' at the lake (in gear, slow) & at home to 'level the 3n1 transducer'.

Hole shot plates are not sold for this older jack plate, so bought some 1/4-inch custom-cut 6061-T6 parts from Metals Depot website (reasonable prices). Didn't have to drill any holes in jack plate to attach the hole shot plate.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by tj; 11-28-2022 at 06:50 PM.
    Champion 184
    Mercury 175 EFI

what JP?
    Bryan McDonough
    2023 Nitro Z21 XL
    Nitro Team

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BMCD View Post
    what JP?
    10" Slidemaster. It's on an '06 196 Champion

12. Member
    Installed the Transducer Shield Saver with L bracket in a 10” jack plate for my AI 3-in-1 over a year ago. I fish very shallow water and got tired of knocking the transducer off the transom or bending the factory mount. After replacing the factory bracket and readjusting the transducer several times, I had enough.

Ordered the TSS and had some follow up questions on install so I called them. They were great to deal with and very helpful.

I haven’t had to worry about the transducer and it’s never required readjustment. It also eliminated the echo on my sidescan from the inside of the jack plate.

Since I have a tin hull, I installed a cheap skimmer transducer using the TSS flip up spring mount on the transom. Reads depth at WOT. The shorter more compact skimmer is holding up fine even after dragging it over some shallow oyster beds and gravel bottom while idling.

I know some setups may require a different brand or mounting option, but mine came out perfect and was a simple install, even with Power Pole brackets to deal with.

13. Member
    Thanks for the feed back. I ordered a Transducer shield and L bracket today.

14. Member
    No cons...........they are built like tanks and work great.

Tracker makes a really nice aluminum plate for the slide master. has the mounting holes for many different transducers.
    Bryan McDonough
    2023 Nitro Z21 XL
    Nitro Team

16. Member
    Premier Sonar makes a decent bracket also. I am currently running one for a Mega SI transducer.

17. Member
    I have my tm 150 and 3d structure on my JP, really never use sonar at speed thats when maps come in on the units.
    2019 z18 175 ProXs 4 stroke, DC, 10 Ft Power Pole Blades, Relion lithium batteries, Ghost trolling motor, Lowrance Live's, SS structure, Airmar TM150, Vessel View Link, PowerPole Charge.