Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
  1. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by billspence View Post
    Obviously Georgia and Michigan can lose and they are still in. They have already beaten the right teams and can survive one loss.

If they win, obviously TCU is in. As much as the money side of college football doesn't want it. They are a small school with a very small fan base. Playoff games are nowhere near campus and they aren't exactly a school that travels well. Without a loss, there will be nose holding and hoping that they become the cinderella team, at least for TV. They lose, they disappear. K State is essentially a playoff game for them.

USC also has to win or they will be shown the door. With a potential playoff game in Phoenix and a home game in the National Championship, they bring enough eyes to the product, despite their non-SEC status. I don't see them surviving a loss to Utah. This is also a playoff game for USC.

Both USC and TCU have tough conference games to win. Neither is a guarantee, and if one loses, OSU is back in. Like it or not, it is a huge school with a huge fanbase and their only loss is to a top team.

If they both lose, do they slide Alabama in ahead of Tennessee? I don't see how they can but Alabama is currently ranked higher than them. Maybe because Alabama's two losses were closer?

Besides pedigree, I don't get this one but it will be interesting to see them potentially slide an idle, two loss team in ahead of either or both one loss TCU or USC teams.
    The rankings tonight will tell you who is in if TCU and/or USC lose. #5 and #6 will be let in with both losing.

2. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BarryFL View Post
    The rankings tonight will tell you who is in if TCU and/or USC lose. #5 and #6 will be let in with both losing.
    What rankings are tonight?

3. Winter can end now..... BoatBuggy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Meadows View Post
    I don't necessarily agree that a 2-loss regular season team should get in especially if they're not playing in a conference championship, BUT.... Bama has 2 losses to rival teams on the road in very, very close games. That can and should be taken into consideration if TCU and/or USC loses.
    As a Michigan fan I have zero use for Ohio but Bama's best win will have come against a teams that are currently #21 (Texas) and #25 (Miss St) in the AP rankings. All the other wins were against teams that may have been ranked at the time but are no longer (Ole Miss, Arkansas), cupcakes (3 of them) or SEC bottom feeders. They barely beat Texas who had to play their backup QB and the losses to Tennessee and LSU don't look to be "good losses" as they did 2 weeks ago. 'Bama will get the benefit of the doubt in most discussions and I don't have a problem with that because they are a very good team but there is nothing their season that says they should be picked over any other 10-2 team should TCU (who I think should be in win or lose - they beat every team in their conference) or USC lose in their conf championships
    2013 Ranger Z520c, 2013 Yamaha 250 SHO
    2018 Ranger RT198p, 2013 Mercury 150 Optimax

4. Member
    It’s comes down to are we putting in the best 4 teams or the 4 teams who deserve it…..tcu is going to be a 14-17 point underdog against anybody they play in the playoffs and USC plays absolutely no defense….I don’t see either of them winning a playoff game

5. Member
    I still go back to, how does the committee punish a perfect season, while teams sit at home during Championship week and not risk injury of improving their position?

If UGA, MI, and TCU all lose; they all still have better quality of wins than any 1 (OSU) or 2 loss (AL) team who did not play for their conference championship. Even a 2 loss USC, should get in over a 2 loss AL. OSU might have argument for the 4th spot (1 loss and beat PSU), but not AL.
    Greg
    Edgewater 245CC

6. Member
    Alabama would beat any one of the top four. Only one would have a shot at beating them and that would be Georgia

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Unionskeeter View Post
    Alabama would beat any one of the top four. Only one would have a shot at beating them and that would be Georgia
    I would have a tendency to believe this.
    2001 ChampioN 206 Yamaha 225

8. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by OkAce View Post
    What rankings are tonight?
    Tomorrow night, my bad, but point remains.

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BassinPaPaw View Post
    This will be exactly how it is, provided they win out. There is no other order that would be logical.
    Agreed - it is the only list that makes sense.

10. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by BoatBuggy View Post
    As a Michigan fan I have zero use for Ohio but Bama's best win will have come against a teams that are currently #21 (Texas) and #25 (Miss St) in the AP rankings. All the other wins were against teams that may have been ranked at the time but are no longer (Ole Miss, Arkansas), cupcakes (3 of them) or SEC bottom feeders. They barely beat Texas who had to play their backup QB and the losses to Tennessee and LSU don't look to be "good losses" as they did 2 weeks ago. 'Bama will get the benefit of the doubt in most discussions and I don't have a problem with that because they are a very good team but there is nothing their season that says they should be picked over any other 10-2 team should TCU (who I think should be in win or lose - they beat every team in their conference) or USC lose in their conf championships
    That is how you say we don't want Bama without actually saying. LOL

Best 4 teams is the criteria. UGA is the only team ahead of Bama that would be favored on a neutral field. That sounds like 1 of 4 "best" to me. I don't expect BAMA to get in, though.

Some of you guys are going to look like fools when Alabama loses to Purdue in the Capital One Bowl.

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 188Musky View Post
    Some of you guys are going to look like fools when Alabama loses to Purdue in the Capital One Bowl.
    Highly possible depending on how many Bama players sit.

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 188Musky View Post
    Actually Alabama will lose because they have no interest in playing if not for the Championship. Well Known BBC bammer fact.

14. Member
    I could care less but Al has the same record as Tn and lost to Tn. Al also lost to LSU and LSU was crushed at home by Tn. Only in CFB could Al get in the postseason. Dumb.

15. Ft Gibson Lake America lakefolk's Avatar

Based on what??????
    You get to be SEC homer king for a day....

"Being a winner is more than getting a first place trophy, it is acting like the effort was an honor and the trophy is just a decoration."

"A successful man is one who can lay a firm foundation with the bricks others have thrown at him"

16. Member
    That's pretty good...what are you basing this homer fact off of?

Smith Mountain Lake, VA and a cottage in Ontario
    Quote Originally Posted by Cbump View Post
    If USC or TCU lose and Michigan and OSU both make the playoffs, Penn st would get rose bowl over Purdue. Basically no way they’d get selected over OSU or Penn St.
    They’ll need to beat Michigan to get the auto bid.
    All valid points, maybe Purdue will get to go to the Independence Bowl!
    2018 Ranger RT188 SC Black/115 hp Yamaha SHO 4-stroke; Garmin LVS34 - north
    2018 Ranger RT188 DC Black/115 hp Merc Pro XS 4-stroke; Garmin LVS34 - south
    14' Mirrorcraft tin boat (ancient) with a 9.9 Mercury 4-stroke, no electronics; catches fish anyway

18. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BarryFL View Post
    That is how you say we don't want Bama without actually saying. LOL

Best 4 teams is the criteria. UGA is the only team ahead of Bama that would be favored on a neutral field. That sounds like 1 of 4 "best" to me. I don't expect BAMA to get in, though.
    I know you are a HUGE Bama Fan, and in MOST years recently I would probably agree with you------- But not this year.

Bama is not one of the 4 Top Teams this year, they just are not. Had very close wins in several Games- unless you count those Cupcake ones like Austin Peay or something like that. Putting 60 up on a Chit Team that only plays Bama for the MONEY every year 'cause they know ain't no way on Hell they are going to beat them.

They got their Butts wupped by the Better Teams this year, even if they ended up winning. They are not the Bama Team of the last 10 years, not THIS year.

19. Member
    I personally HOPE that USC and TCU wins their Conference Championship so that the "Committee" gets exposed if they put in Bama or Ohio St over either of them.

Even the Super OSU Homer Kirk Herbstreet or Herb Kirkstreet whichever it is, said on his Game after Michigan beat OSU so soundly that they Did Not Deserve to get in after that Beat Down on their Home Field.

20. Member
    Name a TCU quality win.

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast