Thread: Best neko rod

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    For me it's the same rod as my DS rods
    7' med X fast tip, I do switch out the reel
    It's 1000 sized Shimano with 6# test
    It works for me

Quote Originally Posted by bgibson View Post
    I never understood everyone's fascination with spinning rods. I do everything from Neko rig, drop shot and ned rigs on bait casting gear without any issues. Spinning gear is WAY over rated! Just another marketing scheme..
    lol, I guess we all fish differently
    I own (8) 50 sized bait casters,
    I still DS and Ned rig with a spinning rod. But I do throw wacky on a bait caster.
    It's not a marketing scheme, A decent spinning reel is half what I spend on the bait casters

3. Member
    Spinning also handles better in cold weather, including the guides to a certain extent. The guides being on bottom also protects lighter line a bit better IMO as it reduces blank torque. Most long, hard running fish on light line is best fought on a threadline (granted we are not talking world class tuna, marlin, and the like) especially with today's thin braid/extruded lines, and spinning drag surface areas are generally superior for start up, heat dissipation, and even maximum output. Spinning will create line twist more (and a line like X9 twists no matter on a BC or spinner), and I tend to get wind knots more on a spinning outfit than BC. Still, for balsa baits, lighter minnow baits, Beetle Spin baits, metal blade baits, inline spinners, finesse jigs and plastics and smaller topwaters, I really do prefer spinning.

I say both have their place at the end of the day because my power techs with 1/2 + weights and heavy torque lures and heavy cover, I prefer BC.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12