Stabilizing question for you all

I have a 2007 Rockwood Roo 233 Hybrid camper. Its a tandem axle but when we have it set up at camp with all 4 stabilizers and the front jack down it still moves around quite a bit when we move around in the camper.
    I have thought of getting a pair of the stabilizers that are like a jack that goes in between the tires to kind of clamp them down.
    Do these things work or is it just a waste of money?
    Anyone have any ideas to help out?

2. Member
    You are describing the “X-Chocks”. I use them on my 5th wheel, 2019 GD Reflection, and they do help a lot. They do not remove all movement though, they just really tighten up suspension movement. You could also use a cross brace made out of a couple 2x4’s and a ratchet strap. Sounds a bit ghetto but have heard they work really well. Go to YouTube and search for videos, lots of good info on the subject.

Jeff Clark
    Bassman469

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B001UGNJ60...f_=as_li_ss_tl

I’ve read a lot about putting these on your stabilizer jacks running perpendicular of each jack. No experience myself but makes sense they would work. Just have to verify you have room underneath to mount.

4. Member
    The first suggestion is coming from deep left field, as I have not experienced this issue. If your movement is side to side, check your tire pressure and/or go with a stiffer sidewall tire. Also, place a 2 foot section of a 2x6 under each stabilizer jack to eliminate the soft ground factor.

Quote Originally Posted by motobuffy View Post
    The first suggestion is coming from deep left field, as I have not experienced this issue. If your movement is side to side, check your tire pressure and/or go with a stiffer sidewall tire. Also, place a 2 foot section of a 2x6 under each stabilizer jack to eliminate the soft ground factor.
    I pretty much always use a 2x under each of the jacks.
    Now I will say the jacks on the camper are not the sissor type jacks they have more of an arm that folds down.
    And i put tires on the camper last year and they are load D if i remember correct. But the camper has always seemed to have quite a bit of movement to it back and forth.

6. Member
    X chocks will stop front to back movement. Won’t stop frame flex. I support frame at axles Really stops flex.

7. Member
    I have a similar setup. the way i cured it was to take 4 2x4's cut at a 45 degree angle on the ends, then put some eye bolts about 8" up from the ground. I then take 2 smaller ratchet straps and pull them tight. One end of board on ground, the other end wedged up against the frame of the camper. This made a big difference in the stability of the camper, plus didn't cost much. Hope this makes sense to ya!

8. Member
    The fold down arm stabilizers do not work as well a scissor jacks. The anchor point on the trailer is closer to the centerline of the trailer than a scissor jack went the anchor point at trailer edge. However the farther they have to extend the better they work. One solution is to find two old car bumper jacks and use them on the rear bumper.