Banned

Question Although its a yama, thought Don might know a general fuel question

First of all, kept my Gambler with my 250 ProXS but I recently purchased a Ranger Ghost 16'9 (yesterday). It has an older yama 4 stroke, 2014 90 with 200 hrs. Is it advised to run noneth fuel in these older 4 strokes or can I just go with the eth grade fuel? I talked with my buddies that have bought the new 4 strokes (yama and mecrs) and they all said they run regular fuel. I posted this in the yama section also. Just thought Don might have some general knowledge being in the business as I trust his opinion regarding any "engine". Thanks.

2. Member
    2014 will have the newer fuel hoses and motor likely ok up to the 10% rule but non ethanol is likely always better but it has more octane which causes carbon build up also. always gives and takes
    2022 z519 cup 225 merc 4s ser # 3B210484. 2--hds12 live units. 2 poles, atlas plate, ghost, hamby's, active target, merc digital gauges
    2002 basscat pantera 3 (dad bought new) sold 8-2-22
    2000 stratos 20 ss (bought new) 200 hp Rude ficht great boat/motor sold 11-21
    pulled by a 2500HD Denali
    proud dad of an ARMY Captain
    MAGA
    ASE/GM Master tech before tools

3. Member
    Well, boat dealers had to rig boats with ethanol compliant fuel lines in 2009, so yeah, a 2014 outboard would be able to run up to 10% ethanol as well.
    _______

Phil
    '09 Hewescraft ProV
    '09 150 Optimax

4. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    All lines should be compliant, it should be fine up to 10%. In general- I'd recommend sticking with the same as you would for a Merc,

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor