Thread: Batteries

Batteries

I'm planning on putting a new battery in my Heritage this winter. Are lithium batteries worth the cost? Looks like they are about double the OEM agm price but if they last twice as long then it might be worth it. 5 year warranty. I believe I would need a different trickle charger as well. Or I could just buy a new agm and call it a day. Anyone have experience with lithium batteries?

Keep It Simple!! The original battery in my '14 Ultra lasted about 6 years. I did use it until it was DONE. AGM battery is plenty good in my opinion. Regular trickle charger mantains them fine.

3. Member
    Probably right. I’m sure I could run the original longer but I’m a little paranoid about battery problems. Just had to replace my truck and wife’s car batteries last week. That got me thinking about the bike.

As long as it is cranking rapidly as it should, your battery is probably ok. Most of the time it will give some warning as to going bad. Something like a hesitation on the first hit before it starts to continue to crank.

5. Member
    The Yusla batteries will generally last for several years plus keeping a battery maintainer on them if not riding in the winter also helps with longevity as well.

6. Member
    I've been thinking of doing the same with mine, but then I also need to get a different trickle charger to support it. Running a Duracell AGM now and got it a bit stronger than factory, been doing a great job for about 3 years now.

I got a new one over the summer which was a Drag Specialties. They have lasted fine for me. I keep mine plugged in all winter on the trickle charge and always ready to go in the spring.
    Thought the old one was bad which was the reason I changed it out but the bike went almost two months without use and it's an Ultra. Once I changed it I put the old one on trickle and it has maintained the correct voltage so I guess I should have done that first.. Oh well. Now I have a spare if anyone needs one...