Thread: HK VP9 sights

HK VP9 sights

I just picked up a HK VP9 that came with a Riton Red Dot Optic. I love it, it’s a shooter for sure. I may replace the Riton with a Holoson at some point but for now I will stick with the Riton.

I’m looking to add suppressor height sights that will be close to a 1/3 witness… looking for suggestions.
    "When My Ship Comes In, I will Probably Be At The Airport"
    USAF Retired

2. Member
    I have always used trijicon or meprolight. Not a fan of the red dots. They are unusable for me without the taller sights.

Quote Originally Posted by Transom View Post
    I have always used trijicon or meprolight. Not a fan of the red dots. They are unusable for me without the taller sights.
    Getting older sucks! I’ve had to go to a red dot because I have to take out my contacts to be able to clearly see my iron sights in lower light conditions. A buddy has a red dot with suppressor height, 1/3 co-witnessed trijicons. Best of both worlds in my opinion. I can get on target much quicker with the red dot but having irons as a back up just makes sense to me.
    USAF Retired

4. Member
    Interestingly I am the opposite. I am much slower with a dot but it does help for precise longer shots.

Quote Originally Posted by Transom View Post
    Interestingly I am the opposite. I am much slower with a dot but it does help for precise longer shots.
    Same for me…competition/tactical style shooting I’m faster with irons. Precision…red dot. Can’t go wrong with Trijicon. I’ve actually tried a couple sets of XS Sights and like em so far…I need a orange/red front with basically nothing in back….
    BULLET 20 XRD/250 Merc Sport XS
    www.ncboatguy.com

Appreciate the inputs... ended up going with the HK minimalist suppressor sights (very similar to the XS Sights) they will give the 1/3 co-witness I'm looking for.
    USAF Retired