Wheelchair for dog

Sorry for the constant posts on my dog but I don’t really have anywhere else to turn for advice right now on this subject .Does anyone have any experience with a handicapped dog using a wheelchair.i seen plenty of videos of dogs that have either lost use of the back legs zipping around in doggy wheelchairs.right now it’s early in her recovery and I am hoping she regains use of her rear legs .right now I use a harness to lift her rear and she chugs along ok .if anyone does have experience I have a few questions . First can you recommend a brand to purchase and secondly can the dog pee and poop easily while in the wheelchair? Again thank you all for the prayers it means a lot

2. Member
    Lot's of hits on Youtube for this type of thing. Especially if you're a DIY'er. My guess is, even if you purchased something, there would be some customizations to get it right.

Hopr your pup gets better!
    Bullet 21XRS
    Mercury Pro XS 250

3. Member
    Hope us find something that helps.

4. Member
    Eddies Wheels is near me. We fostered a dog for a little bit and brought her to this place and it was an absolute amazing experience. At the time there were like 5 or 6 dogs zooming around us. We toured the place and it was like Santa's workshop. I am sure if you call them they would be happy to answer any questions. Here is the website https://eddieswheels.com/

5. Member
    Not an answer to your needs, but my dog had a spinal injury when he was about a year old. His back 2 legs were paralyzed, but after therapy, he eventually gained back the use of his legs. Of course he was never the same, but the point of my story is, they are tough critters! He adapted extremely quickly and lived a full life. Kills me to hear about your pup, but she will adapt too! Hoping the best for you both.

6. Member
    My mini dashchund just hurt her back about a week ago. She can walk, but you can tell she’s struggling. I’m all tore up about. That’s my best friend and I hate seeing her in pain. It may get this point eventually. I’m following this.

7. Member
    Second Eddies wheels but only get a chair as a last resort. If possible try some rehab therapy first. Once they start using a chair they will stop trying to use their legs atrophy sets in. I have worked for a rehab veterinarian for 13 years deal with it everyday.

8. USAF and DOD retired Phoenix Jim's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BassinPaPaw View Post
    My mini dashchund just hurt her back about a week ago. She can walk, but you can tell she’s struggling. I’m all tore up about. That’s my best friend and I hate seeing her in pain. It may get this point eventually. I’m following this.
    we have two of these and luv them but always concerned about back issues with this breed
    2018 Phoenix 920 Pro XP

I used a sling made from a canvas shopping bag. Dog figured it out.

We looked at wheel chairs, but didn’t get one. See if you have a rescue near you, would bet they know which ones work.

10. Member
    We bought cpl ramps for our Dashchund ---hope he doesnt develop back issues . They are such a different kind of little dog . So lovable and stubborn lol
    1988 Ranger 364V
    150HP Merc Black Max