Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Iam not being sensitive just commenting on other electronic changes I have seen in my days. I am about as far from a video gamer as you can get.
    2022 Caymas cx20pro 250 Pro XS s/n 3B099812

2. Member
    Holy crap! My first Stratos (which I ran until 2022) had flashers! Then it had a little, now really crappy but like magic when I got it, Eagle that was like 4 inches and had probably 10 dpi. Side finding would have seemed like an unfair advantage to me. My new boat (2023 Z18) doesn't have FF (yet). Needless to say the dash and bow were turned to Swiss cheese over the years as every new tech was adopted. Fisherman have always adopted new tech. Fisherman will continue to adopt new tech. Once the price comes down on FF we will all have FF because that's why most who don't have don't have it. I'd really like to know if they aren't biting or just aren't there myself.

To answer the OP’s original question. I run a single 126sv at the bow with LiveScope Plus on a RH turret. My MG Tour Pro w/HD+ sonar is connected to the 126 as well. I’m still running an HDS-8 Gen2 and StructureScan at the console. Eventually I’ll replace that with another EchoMap unit and GT-56, but that setup works for now.
    I go to fish, relax, and enjoy all the sites my home lake has to offer. LS helps me locate the general areas where fish are holding, but I have no interest in staring at a screen all day. I’d miss too much going around me. I’ve found LS is a great tool for eliminating unproductive water, and helping establish a pattern as far as depth, structure type, lure type, etc., that produces fish. Just another tool in the toolbox.
    BassCat Sabre FTD
    Mercury 150 Optimax
    "It's just fishing"

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bigfoot17 View Post
    Love hearing grown men complain about no livescope use, let the tears fall. Best part is hearing guys said they couldn’t fish the tournament because their livescope wasn’t working!
    I feel like the, “he didn’t even fish because his livescope broke” is the new “they all laughed at my tin boat, then were furious when I smoked them in the tourney”
    2020 Nitro Z20 Pro Package

Quote Originally Posted by Mcjenson View Post
    I feel like the, “he didn’t even fish because his livescope broke” is the new “they all laughed at my tin boat, then were furious when I smoked them in the tourney”
    It’s kind of strange. LS lives rent free in so many minds. I’ve had days where I was fishing in 5’ of water and never turned it on and had people come up and say “did you scope em” lol.

6. Member
    I agree with you. There is always a group of people that make up an imaginary situation in their head where they are looked down upon by everyone who is willing and able to spend money on more expensive things. People make themselves the victim all the time, even when it isn't true.

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bigfoot17 View Post
    Please keep it coming, love the big egos of the video gamers. Responding only shows your sensitivity!!!
    Says the guy responding more than anyone else...

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Thamelau View Post
    I agree with you. There is always a group of people that make up an imaginary situation in their head where they are looked down upon by everyone who is willing and able to spend money on more expensive things. People make themselves the victim all the time, even when it isn't true.
    Someone winning in a Tin boat happens all the time, but I have yet to see someone not be able to fish a tournament because their livescope wasn't working.

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bassfisher444 View Post
    Someone winning in a Tin boat happens all the time, but I have yet to see someone not be able to fish a tournament because their livescope wasn't working.
    For sure, people win all the time in tin boats. I just don't buy that the ones in tin boats are constantly harassed and looked down upon.

Thumbs Up

I hope you call it the Blauket division.
    Now THAT'S funny right there !!! I'm sure Randy would get a kick out of it too !!!
    Ranger Boats / Mercury Motors
    G Loomis Rods / Shimano Reels
    Raymarine / MinnKota Ultrex
    Garmin / Live Scope Plus
    Pepper Jigs / Robo Worms
    Troll Bridge / V-T2 Vents

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Thamelau View Post
    For sure, people win all the time in tin boats. I just don't buy that the ones in tin boats are constantly harassed and looked down upon.
    Exactly. Nobody was laughing at their boat.

it’s kind of like those dramatic videos where people who are fat or skinny make a ton of progress in the gym. It’s a whole lot of “they said I couldn’t do it” “they said I’m wasting my time”. The internal dialogue doesn’t meet actual reality.

Who has livescope plus that has used livescope? Worth the difference? Getting ready to pull the trigger on it and selling the LVS32
    and GLS10 to get the plus. Wondering if anyone here has used them both

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Spot-a-saurus View Post
    Who has livescope plus that has used livescope? Worth the difference? Getting ready to pull the trigger on it and selling the LVS32
    and GLS10 to get the plus. Wondering if anyone here has used them both
    I’ve had both. The biggest difference is the ease of adjustments and the range. The LVS34 requires much less settings changes for a good picture, and I’m able to range out to 120 feet consistently. Worth it for me as I use it all the time, and like have a ton of distance between myself and the fish. If you fish up close, and maybe don’t rely on livescope a bunch I could see being disappointed with the upgrade.

I’ve had both. The biggest difference is the ease of adjustments and the range. The LVS34 requires much less settings changes for a good picture, and I’m able to range out to 120 feet consistently. Worth it for me as I use it all the time, and like have a ton of distance between myself and the fish. If you fish up close, and maybe don’t rely on livescope a bunch I could see being disappointed with the upgrade.
    Thanks for the reply. Sounds like it would be useful to me. I fish a lot of gin clear water for spots and smallmouths so this upgrade could be beneficial. Got a 126sv ready for it and putting my 106sv in the back for side and down scan while idling and searching. Gonna put a 93sv up front for nothing but mapping next spring lord willing

15. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Spot-a-saurus View Post
    Thanks for the reply. Sounds like it would be useful to me. I fish a lot of gin clear water for spots and smallmouths so this upgrade could be beneficial. Got a 126sv ready for it and putting my 106sv in the back for side and down scan while idling and searching. Gonna put a 93sv up front for nothing but mapping next spring lord willing
    No need to sell your gls10, same on both transducers.

16. Member
    At the moment, I only have my Garmin up front, we will see if I add anything else. I totally get Randy’s opinion on the subject, and can understand it. What I don’t understand is the venom directed towards him by some who don’t agree with him. He’s just one guy with one opinion, last I understood, he has no magic powers to suddenly make them illegal for use. He also has some pretty intelligent opinions and views on many subjects other than FFS.

17. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron H 520 View Post
    At the moment, I only have my Garmin up front, we will see if I add anything else. I totally get Randy’s opinion on the subject, and can understand it. What I don’t understand is the venom directed towards him by some who don’t agree with him. He’s just one guy with one opinion, last I understood, he has no magic powers to suddenly make them illegal for use. He also has some pretty intelligent opinions and views on many subjects other than FFS.
    I can understand and respect somebody wanting FF sonar banned. The thing about Randy is his clickbait videos about it are over the top, and nearly every position he takes is purely to bring bass fishing back to his glory days (80s and early 90s). I simply think the guy doesn’t like to work and learn, so he wants to change the rule set. Looks at his tantrum throwing about needing a rod limit. I’m convinced it’s purely because he doesn’t like rigging a bunch of rods, nothing to do with the “common guy angler”

18. Member
    I can understand and respect somebody wanting FF sonar banned. The thing about Randy is his clickbait videos about it are over the top Look at his tantrum throwing about needing a rod limit. I’m convinced it’s purely because he doesn’t like rigging a bunch of rods, nothing to do with the “common guy angler”
    Yep who cares if somebody has a hundred rods rigged up & ready to go as long as they only use one at a time. He's old school & needs to play catch up if he's going to be relative when it comes to fishing nowadays.

19. Member
    I can understand and respect somebody wanting FF sonar banned. The thing about Randy is his clickbait videos about it are over the top, and nearly every position he takes is purely to bring bass fishing back to his glory days (80s and early 90s). I simply think the guy doesn’t like to work and learn, so he wants to change the rule set. Looks at his tantrum throwing about needing a rod limit. I’m convinced it’s purely because he doesn’t like rigging a bunch of rods, nothing to do with the “common guy angler”
    Got a link to that video?

Quote Originally Posted by Walleyehawger View Post
    Do all three boats that show up get a paid in these?
    Just first and second
    I'm old and don't have good enough eyesight to use FFS but I'll say this I can't stand watching a tournament where this is the pattern , but I do enjoy the dock fishing with some frogging in the grass and a Texas worm on the points .

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast