injector service

i plan on sending in my direct injectors and fuel rails in (250 pro xs #2B088819) for service, cleaning, etc. and have a few questions. i had a compressor failure but caught it early, very small amount of metal in compressor crank, only trace amount on top of piston and none in filters leaving comp., but nonetheless i know there is a chance it made into the rails. i removed the complete rail including hoses and packaged direct injectors individually, numbered according to the cylinder removed from. i haven't printed off the form yet as i don't have a printer but will have the wife do that monday. (1) i know styrene is a no no but is the pollyethylene type foam ok? i tested with gas and oil and seems to have no effect. (2) what is approximate turn around time? (3) how much should i insure the package for? (4) is there anything else i should know/do before shipping? thanks.

2. Member
    Insure for at least 5k
    Ron Fears
    Stroker/300XS
    1E003823

3. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    You will need to contact the Injector Service Department directly, at the email address listed on the Service Request Form for most of these requests.

DEFINITELY notate that an air compressor failure has occurred.

I would not use any type of foam, whatsoever, in with the system.

Bubble wrap and air bags seem to hold up well.

Better insure for at least $6200.

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor