Electronics Bow Weight

I’ve only owned a bass boat for a few years. I’m currently running a ZX185 with a 24V ultrex, 126 garmin, and livescope up front. I am thinking about dropping down to a 106 and adding a helix 10 with mega 360. This looks like it would potentially add about 12.5lbs to the front end. Just curious what kind of impact on ride this may have. I already know that this boat is sensitive to where my tackle is stored.

2. Member
    I wouldn’t think that amount of weight would cause a noticeable difference but I am not familiar with your boat.
    You could try putting a couple gallon jugs of water or a sack of sand upfront and see if it changes anything.

So i have run a terrrova, fortrex and a ultrex. And i have ran them in the same day minutes apart because i have quick detachment plates. So wether and fuel load/gear is as close to identical as possible.

my terrova on multiple days and the day im referring to was 73 mph
    fortrex 72.5mph
    ultrex 72 mph.

im to lazy to look up the weights of these motors but i will tell you it is all because of weight

there is a saying 100 pounds in the boat equals - 1.0 mph, that i can agree to if the weight is in the cockpit. Boats seam to carry 150 pounds in the rear for the same 1 mph loss.

however the farther forward the more leverage something has because of science haha. Id speculate on my boat 20 pounds hp front is 1mph

water is 8.2 pounds per gallon and id put two up there and give it a rip

Your bow setup is similar to mine.
    The bow setup on my Sabre FTD (18’) is an MG Tour Pro w/HD+ sonar. I installed a Rite Hite turret and LVS34 transducer a couple of months after the TM. I have a single Garmin 126sv mounted on a 12” Balzout mount. The Rite Hite turret weighs around 14lbs., and an LVS34 transducer is 3lbs.
    I didn’t notice any change in speed or boat handling from the additional weight added.
    BassCat Sabre FTD
    Mercury 150 Optimax
    "It's just fishing"