Motor weight. setback, and bowrise general questions

Hello, I have some general questions for you all.

Situation: Raising the motor up one hole made the bow more bouncy. Adding weight in the front or back doesn't help at all. more than 3/4 throttle boat is stable as a rock. When loaded near the limit the problem is worse.

Should do I need more bow rise, or less? Do I need a jackplate with more setback, or less? I feel like the prop can't keep the bow up, so moving the motor back will push the bow up more? Im confused since most are saying that moving weight back will make things worse...

Thanks

More info is needed. What Boat, what motor, what prop, what is the Prop 2 Pad, do you have a Jack Plate, if so, what size.
    Ranger Boats / Mercury Motors
    G Loomis Rods / Shimano Reels
    Raymarine / MinnKota Ultrex
    Garmin / Live Scope Plus
    Pepper Jigs / Robo Worms
    Troll Bridge / V-T2 Vents

3. Member
    Yes more info could help with a remedy but as a rule when you raise the engine you lose leverage and the ability to lift and hold the bow. Also there may be less of the prop in the water to grip the water. As speed increases the hull design will help with lift.

4. Member
    my guess is he has an RT188 with a 115hp on it. Just a guess.
    2020 Ranger Z519 | 2020 Mercury Pro XS 225 4S | Helix 10SI | Helix 10 MDI G3N | Helix 10 MDI G3N | Noco GENIUS 10X4
    Fury 3 22P True Pitched | Power Pole Pro 2's | Ghost TM | Mega 360 | MEGA LIVE | Atlas 8in Jack Plate | Trick Step | 3X Amped 80ah Lithiums

5. Member
    If you are going to fine tune, yes a jackplate is needed, set back improves leverage also
    Ron Fears
    Stroker/300XS
    1E003823

6. Member
    Question: I have a 2021 Avid 20xb witha 175 yamaha sho. It has a 6” manual jack plate. I can’t really use my trim up without porpoising. Have a 21 pitch prop and can’t get close to 6000 rpm’s. Changed to 17 pitch and got rpm’s up but still can’t use much trim. HELP