Cool hubs broke open, who do I bring it to?

Hey Guys , I arrived at the ramp today and found my right cool hub broken open and oil/grease all over the place. Any, Just wondering if I have to go to Ranger Dealer to repair or can I go else where . I'm in the Guntersville Alabama area and I would like to get this repaired 11/25 or the 26th. Thanks guys.

2. Member
    Cap came off or seal blew

3. Member
    If it’s the cap itself that came off then just install the correct size bearing buddy as a temporary fix and fill with wheel bearing grease till you can get a replacement cool hub cap. If it’s the rear seal leaking then you’ll have to replace the rear seal. Be a good time to check the bearings and hub and then repack with new grease if you are going to use the bearing buddy. If you are going back with the cool hub cap then it’s 50 weight oil like stated below or even better Lucas hub oil

As far as a dealer to look at it over thanksgiving weekend I’m not sure who is open
    Last edited by RangerJim; 11-25-2022 at 07:40 PM.
    2002 RANGER 520VX
    2006 Mercury PROXS 225

what year is the trailer?Cool hub is just their name. Several styles
    2011 Ranger z521/2023 250ProXS

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 1BADAIR View Post
    what year is the trailer?Cool hub is just their name. Several styles
    04 trailer. Actually says cool hub on the Wheel cap

6. Member
    I'm not sure what year used what, but my 08 used SAE 50 motor oil in the hubs, so look at your manual. Also I would say it needs a good inspection; as a rule, caps just don't come off for no reason.
    2018 Ranger 521C, 2023 Merc 250 Pro XS 4S (3B261295), 36V Ultrex, 10" Atlas, Power Poles, Lowrance 12 Carbon, and 2-12 Lives.

7. Member
    The cool hub just came off. To get home you could pound the cap back on and add some oil through the allen head screw in the hub, provided you have the tools to get it out. When you get home do a complete tear down of the hub and replace the inner seal. What I have found is that cool hubs will come off if you don't retorque the bearings on a pretty regular basis, like once a year. I check mine, as well as my tires almost every trip before I leave.

8. Member
    I was able to limp it to a Semi trailer repair shop in Guntersville and they will be replacing both bearings and cap. Hopefully the hub doesn't need to be replaced as the bearings were completely gone.