How far out are we from a Mega 360 Gen 2?

Wondering if there are any rumors out there. I'm about to rig a new boat. I had a Helix 10 Gen4 with Mega 360 on my last boat and loved it. I hate the idea of buying everything this year to find out next Christmas they are going to release new tech. I could live without it for a season but.... Thanks for any input guys!

2. Humminbird Moderator SLYDoggie's Avatar
    This is the first time I've even seen the question asked. Have definitely
    not heard any rumors. Not even sure what else Humminbird could do to make it better.
    ---> Regards, Steve Yarbrough (AKA: SLYDoggieTN on YouTube)
    • Apex 19/16/13, Mega 360, and Mega Live
    • Minn Kota Ulterra Quest Trolling Motor
    • (2) Cannon Optimum Bluetooth Downriggers
    • Impulse Lithium Batteries... 36V 60AH for Trolling Motor, (2) 12V 120AH for Cranking & Electronics, 12V 60AH for Downriggers

3. Member
    I’ve been thinking the same thing. But I suspect a new Live before a new 360. It looks like Humminbird is missing a pano live view to compete with Garmin.

4. Member
    I don’t see where that much improvement could be made to M360. I believe FFS is the future and could very likely make 360 obsolete in the near future.
    2021 rt188p , Mercury 115 Pro XS CT , Croxton Razor 4XLR 22 , Z lock 4” jack plate , 8’ power pole blades

5. Member
    The next iteration will be a 360 live. It’s already in the works. Probably ready Spring or late winter 2024.

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Madeintheshade View Post
    I don’t see where that much improvement could be made to M360. I believe FFS is the future and could very likely make 360 obsolete in the near future.
    They do 2 different things - you need both to be effective. You should find someone that actually has both and see if they will take you out and show you.
    2020 Ranger Z519 | 2020 Mercury Pro XS 225 4S | Helix 10SI | Helix 10 MDI G3N | Helix 10 MDI G3N | Noco GENIUS 10X4
    Fury 3 22P True Pitched | Power Pole Pro 2's | Ghost TM | Mega 360 | MEGA LIVE | Atlas 8in Jack Plate | Trick Step | 3X Amped 80ah Lithiums

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by joebone1 View Post
    They do 2 different things - you need both to be effective. You should find someone that actually has both and see if they will take you out and show you.
    In the process of having both m360 and Lvs34. Guess I will find out .
    2021 rt188p , Mercury 115 Pro XS CT , Croxton Razor 4XLR 22 , Z lock 4” jack plate , 8’ power pole blades

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirtyeggroll View Post
    The next iteration will be a 360 live. It’s already in the works. Probably ready Spring or late winter 2024.
    I could see this. Will probably require a new generation monitor also .

9. Member
    Mega 360 utilize MSI frequency, let they put MSI+ transducer into rotating head. Increase of distance in mega kHz, 800kHz as add. There's next step I guess.

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirtyeggroll View Post
    If you have TargetLock you can already have 360 live or pretty close to it you just have to manually turn the transducer. I don't really see that much benefit from 360 live though except maybe for schooling suspended fish. The current scan mode for the Mega Live is to fast for me as well.
    2021 Skeeter ZX225
    2021 Yamaha SHO 225 VF225LA

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by woppercatcher View Post
    If you have TargetLock you can already have 360 live or pretty close to it you just have to manually turn the transducer. I don't really see that much benefit from 360 live though except maybe for schooling suspended fish. The current scan mode for the Mega Live is to fast for me as well.
    It is a constant 360 degree high resolution landscape mode.

If they could triple the M360 refresh rate while keeping the same resolution I'd buy it. 360 Live HD sounds interesting as well, although that sounds like a bit of a leap.

13. Member
    Mega360 works very well for me when I am following contour and will pass by a break in structure (typically looking for rocks/hard bottom) and can easily set a waypoint that I can verify the position more accurately later.

Agreed that M360 is probably as good as it gets unless as mentioned by CrabnBass you could have faster rotation and maintain resolution, however it isn't clear to me that it would be of any benefit for my application.

Would welcome a G2 Megalive that could get closer to Garmin Livescope for sharp shooting. However MegaLive working "ok" for tracking weed edge and structure in between for my application.