Gun safe. Anyone remake the shelves / dividers

As with it seems most safes the rifle holders and just general layout leaves a lot to be desired. Will at some point pull it all and remake to a more realistic setup.

Anyone rework yours? Would love some pics to give ideas. Also looking into lightning. Thinking about going with the motion activated closet lights.

Anyways thanks

2. Member
    I have found getting rid of the dividers and putting the guns in socks and just stacking them in there is the way to go. Built in organizers take up too much space and stocks get banged up without the socks.

I like the above however I do buy a few things from the Safe And Vault store and try a little rearranging at time.
    BULLET 20 XRD/250 Merc Sport XS
    www.ncboatguy.com

4. Member
    I like my firearms to breath without socks because my safe in in the basement

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by crank68 View Post
    I like the above however I do buy a few things from the Safe And Vault store and try a little rearranging at time.
    I have never heard of that store thank you for that. Im gonna give them a look.

I did today order a dehumidifier today off Amazon. Something I think you plug in and recharge after so many weeks. Guessing it heats up and drys out the crystals or whatever that silica stuff is.

6. Member
    I put these in my wife's gun safe a couple of years ago. Motion activated, so opening the door gets them working. Lots of light. I need to get a set for my safe too. Thanks for the reminder.

https://www.amazon.com/TORCHSTAR-Lig...s%2C292&sr=8-5

I also did some shelf building/rearranging in both safes.
    John

7. Member
    I have a wide 80 gun Cannon safe. On one side I keep the rifles and on the other side I keep ammo. I got some fire rated sheetrock and made extra shelves on the ammo side. The best thing I did was to put a dehumidifier next to the safe and run a wire inside and put an outlet on each side. I keep a golden rod plugged in all the time. I have a humidity gauge with a sensor inside the safe, keep it around 50% all year long.

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jejb View Post
    I put these in my wife's gun safe a couple of years ago. Motion activated, so opening the door gets them working. Lots of light. I need to get a set for my safe too. Thanks for the reminder.

Oooooo, I likey, add to cart!

My safe, 80 guns Canon from Costco, has a power plug in the bottom with a 2-socket outlet on the inside. Got the golden rod in one and the other will have some lighting soon.

I've thought about adding additional shelves on that side however one thing I did was get a cheap locking ammo cabinet to store more of the bulk target ammo.
    Firepower Ammo Cabinet – STACK-ON This was on sale about 5 years ago at Cabela's for $100, it does a fine job. Not going to keep someone determined out but keeps the kids away, keep the key locked in the big safe to which they have no access.

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mean_dean View Post
    Oooooo, I likey, add to cart!

My safe, 80 guns Canon from Costco, has a power plug in the bottom with a 2-socket outlet on the inside. Got the golden rod in one and the other will have some lighting soon.

I've thought about adding additional shelves on that side however one thing I did was get a cheap locking ammo cabinet to store more of the bulk target ammo.
    Firepower Ammo Cabinet – STACK-ON This was on sale about 5 years ago at Cabela's for $100, it does a fine job. Not going to keep someone determined out but keeps the kids away, keep the key locked in the big safe to which they have no access.
    As I once posted earlier on BBC, Dale from the comic TV show "King of the Hill" was elected president of his gun club because he had the most guns. So dean with your 80 gun safe I hear by nominate you to run for president of virtual BBC Rod & Gun Club. You would be highly advise to really think out this nominations because per our by-laws you can never run for any political office north or south of our borders. But if you do accept this prestigious office nomination, I'm sure you will serve the best you can with the little you have.

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Fireball View Post
    As I once posted earlier on BBC, Dale from the comic TV show "King of the Hill" was elected president of his gun club because he had the most guns. So dean with your 80 gun safe I hear by nominate you to run for president of virtual BBC Rod & Gun Club. You would be highly advise to really think out this nominations because per our by-laws you can never run for any political office north or south of our borders. But if you do accept this prestigious office nomination, I'm sure you will serve the best you can with the little you have.
    My "wide" Cannon is listed as an 80 gun safe. Ain't no way to fit 80 guns in it. Maybe 50.

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by big_o_tom View Post
    My "wide" Cannon is listed as an 80 gun safe. Ain't no way to fit 80 guns in it. Maybe 50.
    Exactly! No way to get 80 in there, maybe 40 - 50 if you remove the shelves and use both sides.

This is my list for upgrades when I move to the lake house.

Safes | Pendleton Safes | Custom Gun Safes

12. Member
    They must let the guys on here that estimate the weight of the fish they catch decide how many guns a safe will hold.

13. Member
    I removed everything but a small shelf or two for pistols. Then placed all long guns in Cabela's gun sleeves. I can get about 32 guns in a 24 gun safe...
    ~~1995 Gambler~~

Mercury 250 ProXS
    Bobs 10" AJ
    Dual Power Poles
    2-HB 1199's HB 1158 HB 597 in dash
    Ultrex 112

"Runs like a cheetah... with his @$$ on fire"

14. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jejb View Post

Dang now I gotta buy that. Gotta add 110 first though. Can probably use a hole for bolting to the floor and sealing with silicon.

15. Member
    Door hangers are nice. pistols,clips,holsters,