2008 HPDI loss of power?

Guys just looking for suggestions to run down the issue. Son ran the it really low on fuel, pretty much out. Now takes forever to come up on plane and lost about 20mph. Skipping at idle. When in neutral goes dead when you give it any gas at all. Any suggestions for running down the issue would be appreciated.

2. Member
    Pulled the plugs. One is covered in wet gunk and has a piece of ceramic missing so dont think this is good…

3. Member
    If you have a boro scope camera, remove the plug and inspect the piston and walls with the camera.
    When were the plugs last replaced?
    What cylinder is the ceramic plug missing in?
    If ran low on fuel a high possibility that gas with water entered the cylinder and caused a failure?

4. Member
    I do not have a scope but having it looked at tomorrow by my mechanic. Also found what I think is aluminum shavings on the plug so Im afraid its bad. Plugs been in less than 1 year. Cylinder is top on starboard side, I believe that is #6.

5. Member
    Hoping it was caught before it scored up the piston wall. It the wrist pin on the connecting rod has backed up, I would replace all the Pistons to prevent another failure in the future.

6. Member
    Thanks for the replies. After we get the exact run down tomorrow I will have to decide if I rebuild or bite the bullet and go with a whole new motor. Good possibility that my son with be in it fishing the college circuit in next year or two.

7. Member
    Anyone got suggestions on who may have a new SHO 250 in stock(I know, likely no one) or on order but available to get back going asap?