USAF and DOD retired Phoenix Jim's Avatar

New minn kota mount

Just installed it and wow what a difference! With 360, mega live and target lock this new mount sure makes it easy. Some will say it’s expensive at $400 or it should come standard but worth it to me
    2018 Phoenix 920 Pro XP

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix Jim View Post
    Just installed it and wow what a difference! With 360, mega live and target lock this new mount sure makes it easy. Some will say it’s expensive at $400 or it should come standard but worth it to me
    What mount are you talking about? Thanks.

4. Member

Quote Originally Posted by alanhore View Post
    It is a replacement Ultrex mount that has a stronger gas spring to offset the weight of adding MEGA 360, MEGA LIVE, and MEGA LIVE Target Lock.

Minn Kota Mega Live Imaging Targetlock & Mega 360 Imaging Ultrex Accessory Mount - 80lb, 45" (hodgesmarine.com)
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    Helix 12 CHIRP MEGA+ SI G3N/G4N, Helix 15 CHIRP MEGA SI+ GPS G4N
    SOLIX 12 SI/G3, Helix 8 CHIRP MEGA SI+ G4N, Ultrex 80/LINK, MEGA360,
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Wayne P. View Post
    It is a replacement Ultrex mount that has a stronger gas spring to offset the weight of adding MEGA 360, MEGA LIVE, and MEGA LIVE Target Lock.

Minn Kota Mega Live Imaging Targetlock & Mega 360 Imaging Ultrex Accessory Mount - 80lb, 45" (hodgesmarine.com)
    Just found it on line before you posted it Wayne. Is the spring the only difference?

Quote Originally Posted by alanhore View Post
    Just found it on line before you posted it Wayne. Is the spring the only difference?
    Read these previous threads concerning this topic:

Ultrex larger gas piston (bbcboards.net)

Decision time here folks…….will the winner please step up. (Ultrex Lift kits) (bbcboards.net)

Ultrex upgraded strut/gas spring kit! (bbcboards.net)
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

I have to agree and have the same setup (52” Ultrex). I took my bow seat with me the other day to fine tune my bow electronics. As an example of how much the new mount helped I was able to stow the Ultrex sitting in the seat left handed. Prior to the new mount it took both hands and a lot of body weight.
    ‘22 Ranger Z520R - Mercury 250 Pro XS
    Humminbird/Minn Kota One Boat Network

9. Member
    I agree! Worth $400. But couldn’t they just sell the stronger piston for less money? Had to replace the whole base. I had been wondering how many more years I could horse up my ultrex with livescanner(which I love) hanging off the side. Reminded me of the days with my old digital pro…heavy. This new Minn Kota Mega Live makes a huge difference. One hand, flip of the wrist and it’s up and stored.

10. Member
    I doubt any big company would get into a situation where they risk their reputation and legal ramifications of lawsuits on the customer installing it wrong and having some issue that causes injury or worse. Third party items have filled in for special needs of some customers for many industries to fill those needs over many years. MK took the time and expense to design what they consider the best. The choice is ours to make. JMO Bob
    Tell me where has a slow movin' once quick draw outlaw got to go

11. Member
    Wayne, if you buy a “New Ultrex” is this the mount you get or is it still an option regardless.

Quote Originally Posted by Kromer View Post
    Wayne, if you buy a “New Ultrex” is this the mount you get or is it still an option regardless.
    It is an accessory mount to make up for the added weight of MEGA 360, MEGA LIVE, and Target Lock.
    Would make no sense to be included with every purchase.
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

13. Member
    It might be nice to have a package option and charge for the install for those who want all the stuff together. Some are not as handy or able as others. Or maybe have an option at their repair centers. JMO Bob
    Tell me where has a slow movin' once quick draw outlaw got to go