Interstate crank 31

My Z18 crank lasted 8 months and was replaced as others who posted same the same issue 2021-22 boats….got replacement but been shopping for a better replacement….
    my replacement #1 from boat dealer is 925 CCA with double posts and may last years BUT
    local battery place has what seems to be a new Interstate 31 crank termed the AGM-7 with same 925CCA for $299 with a nice 3 year warranty. Battery place is 10x closer than the boat dealer.

One BBC guy said his 2nd replacement lasted only 4 months like his first failure soooo any opinions on buying the AGM-7 which seems the latest crank version???

2018 Z19/200 Optimax 2 stroker 24x3 Fury Ultrex 112
    Lowrance HDS 12/9 Lives with 3 in 1 ducers

2. Member
    I have a 2019 Z19 and I just replaced my battery under warranty in April. Now the replacement is to be the same as what I had and I have had no problems so far. Knock on would. If and when I have to replace it I plan on going with an X2 battery. Posts that I have seen on here is that its a good battery.
    2019 Nitro Z19
    200 HP Mercury Pro XS 4s

Thanx. X2 is among 4-5 excellent reviewed crank 31s…
    probably keep my battery a few more months since maybe 6 days used so far with the hurricanes and winter winds

2018 Z19/200 Optimax 2 stroker 24x3 Fury Ultrex 112
    Lowrance HDS 12/9 Lives with 3 in 1 ducers

4. Member
    Replaced my Interstate AGM (about 16 months old) with an X2 after getting low voltage warnings on startup. X2 lasted 7 months before it failed. Hoping my second X2 will last a little longer...
    Ted
    2021 Z19 Pro

5. Member
    I’m thinking about replacing my interstate battery with the X2 but I’m a little hesitant after reading your post. Great the warranty covered the replacement however it is concerning that you had to replace it after 7 months. Just curious what charger you are using?
    2019 Nitro Z20
    250 ProXS

6. Member
    Sams sell Duracell AGM 31 for under $200 and I got mine on sale for $150. Supposedly relabeled deka, not sure if that's true, but I'm going on 3 years with no problems and it eliminated all of my electrical problems and fires up my pro xs 175 2stroke after hours of fishing running 3 graphs

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Genovese View Post
    Sams sell Duracell AGM 31 for under $200 and I got mine on sale for $150. Supposedly relabeled deka, not sure if that's true, but I'm going on 3 years with no problems and it eliminated all of my electrical problems and fires up my pro xs 175 2stroke after hours of fishing running 3 graphs
    Mine was bought 2/2017 and is still going strong . 2 HDS 9" and Merc 200.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Genovese View Post

The Sam's Duracell, Deka Intimidator, O'Rileys Auto Marine Start and the Farm and Fleet are all the exact same 31 AGM manufactured buy East Penn. There reason for the difference in price is because of volume of how many batteries are purchased. Example all the the batteries are exactly the same but Sam's will be the least expensive because they purchase a lot of batteries and offer the smallest warranty. Deka will be the most expensive because they don't purchase as many and offer the longest warranty.

Here is my Deka Intimidator sitting next to an O'Rilyes Marine Starting battery. Compare them to a Sam's Duracell or an O'Rilye's Farm and Fleet...same excat battery made buy East penn manufacturing. They just apply the label of whatever company that is buying from them.

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Rob V View Post
    I’m thinking about replacing my interstate battery with the X2 but I’m a little hesitant after reading your post. Great the warranty covered the replacement however it is concerning that you had to replace it after 7 months. Just curious what charger you are using?
    I was using the NOCO gen 3, have since switched to the NOCO gen pro 3. The gen pro does seem to charge the AGM to a higher voltage before switching to maintenance mode.
    Ted
    2021 Z19 Pro

10. Member
    I may be one of the folks your are referring to with bad experience with the Interstate 31 AGM. Two failed for me and I switched to an Odyssry 31 AGM. No problems since. It is worth noting that the Insterstate 31 AGM has 925 CCA and Merucry specifies 975 CCA, at least for their V8 motors. Not sure on the V6 four strokes.
    CMSGT, USAF, Retired
    2021 Nitro Z19, Mercury 200 Pro XS 4 Stroke, SN 2B789775

Ultrex 80/45 24v, Helix 8 G3N SI+. Helix 10 G4N DI+, Helix 3GN DI

11. Member
    I went with a lithium Ionic and hope to never worry for the next 11 years??? Sold my very lightly used Interstate AGM 31 for a buck twenty five.

12. Member
    Sounds like typical Interstate batteries to me, If you want an AGM get a group 31 Duracell from Sam's, best bang for you buck and far better than Interstate.