Caymas CX18SS on a lift

I am putting my boat on a lift at my dock. I am trying to use the existing lift. Is there someone at Caymas I can email about the spacing of the boat lift beams?

2. Member
    The installers measure the bunks on the trailer and work from there.

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by CaymasCobaltKen View Post
    The installers measure the bunks on the trailer and work from there.
    Thats the way it usually works, if you have any problems let me know and i will get you in contact with someone who can help you Grizzly.

Yes, building the lift from scratch and emulating the bunks on the trailer would be the best way to do this. Most of the boats around here sit on beams like the one shown in the picture. The issue I have with the existing lift is they are the standard 32" spacing which put the beams right on my boat strakes. The brackets on the beams are welded on so they can't move so I have purchased some new brackets. I can space the beams now so they will be the same as the inside bunks on my trailer but there will be no outside bunks. I would like to get confirmation from Caymas that this will be sufficient. From what I have read is since you are just lifting the boat and it is not bouncing around on a trailer this should be fine.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Grizzly; 11-23-2022 at 08:20 AM.

5. Member
    Give Robbie (at Bench Mart) a call at 931-409-3930, he can answer those questions for you!