Torsion axle conversion

Anyone ever ditch the torsion axles and go back to straight axle?torsion axle price is now 1,099 bucks,not gonna do it.never been a fan of em,after 3 or 4 years I seem to replace about 1 a year,used to always carry a spare until this year when I had one crap out and tried to get one and discovered no one had any in stock and when you get one it’s over a grand.Basscat parts just laughed at the lack of inventory which I understand how things are now days.but I’m thinking I can get a good welder and go back to straight axle for less than the 4400 bucks for four torsions.anyone ever try to convert?

Scottw, Not sure on the laugh though we all have had our share of supply chain constraints. We can supply end units, axles or parts. Those parts should be in stock and they were not restricted to our knowledge.

3. Member
    Talked with parts dept in July and was told 6 months out on a torsion axle if I was lucky,was lucky to find one at a trailer repair shop in Mcalester ,ok.even called dexter manufacturer and they had none in stock.but the rise in price over the last couple years has me going back to straight axle if possible,just a thought,I fish 120 days a year and don’t want to be without because of a torsion axle,or stranded on the road because of lack of supply.

4. Member
    Paid about $700 for one back in August. Waymire was the name I’m almost sure without looking.CBBC1C7F-9482-4EB7-9EF8-7FE4BBFC8535.jpeg4205F314-AF58-4B04-AA2F-988BA1B166F7.jpeg Took a few weeks. Came raw and I painted. No ends though. I had bought them new a few months earlier so didn’t need them anyways.
    2013 Pantera 4
    2012 Opti 200 Pro XS
    25 Tempest

Things change on the supply chain monthly and faster now.

Edit: we touched Parts are received a full rundown on this matter.
    Last edited by Bass Cat Boats; 11-23-2022 at 06:14 AM.

6. Member
    I do have a couple axles that are good just the end units are not perfect due to the bolt issue. If i can help let me know.
    Roger Jenks Jr
    2021 Bass Cat Lynx
    250 Pro xs 4S Serial # 3B010758