2007 Stra Trailer 2 Axles Wiring issues after replacing the trailer plug

EDIT: Added photos of my mess.

Hello everyone!
    hope all is well.

Has anyone ran into the issue where simply replacing the plug for the trailer wire, the trailer lights are not working properly afterward?

The Blue wire pin on my trailer plug broke off. So backing into my driveway the brakes were locking up. The manual override did not work. When I bought a new trailer plug I noticed it has fewer wires than what the existing trailer plug had. (both are 5 way)

I tried to "match up' the wires on the existing harness to what was already there and what made sense with the new plug.
    Some lights worked and some did not. It was not correct at all.

Any recommendations on best trailer plug to use to replace the existing plug on the Stratos trailer for a 2007 210?

Maybe now would be a good time to replace all the lights with LED and the wiring at the same time.
    Has anyone done this yet and do you have a list of the lights you used to replace them all?

Thanks guys and have a great Thanksgiving!!!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by SJSharky00; 11-22-2022 at 09:53 AM. Reason: Add Photos

2. Member
    Looks like your new setup is for a 4 wire plug. I think you need one for the other type plug. One setr of wires looks like it is for a flat plug and the other set of wires looks like it is for a round plug. The round plug setup is probably what you want.
    GETFISHED !!!

Thanks for the response but it is indeed a 5 way plug. It has the blue wire to it.
    I think the problem is the Red wires going to the blue wire. I think the red wires on the trailer are for side markers and should be connected to the brown wire.
    I found this.
    Attached Images Attached Images

4. Born on th Llano Estacado Tx Champ's Avatar
    I'm no help on this one, my trailer is in East TX at the carpet shop. Got a picture of your old plug?

I joined the two separate Browns and made them one. But these factory splices you see that are smaller I simply paired with what I thought would color match. 16693044502607413364320823802181.jpg

7. Born on th Llano Estacado Tx Champ's Avatar
    The 2 whites are ground, the 2 browns are taillights green and yellow are the turn signals/brake lights and the blue is the backup light/brake release. It could be that the last 2 are tied together. You can take an ohm meter and check out how many wires were on your missing pin. Really need a trailer you can look at. I won't have mine back for another 3 weeks or so. Looks like the diagram that SJSharky00 posted could be your ticket.

I don't know what I was looking at when I first wired it all together, but it all works.

I checked it all over, ready to start tearing it apart and do one wire at a time. But it all worked. So does the brakes.
    Hope this helps someone out there.

Thanks for the feedback guys.