Quicksilver replacement for Racor S3227 filter

I recently got a water separating fuel filter installed on my boat, done by the local dealer. It’s the Racor clear bowl style. Dealer installed a Honda-branded filter element (17670-ZW1-801AH). Looks like this is compatible with a variety of other filters. I picked up a Sierra (18-7948) at a local retailer, and ordered a couple Quicksilver (35-8M0154764). These are apparently all compatible filters. I was surprised to see the internal design of the Quicksilver filters differs from the Sierra. I’m assuming they still function alike. Any reason to stick with one particular brand over another?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Cashcrews
    2012 150 Fourstroke
    Model: 1150F23HD
    SN: 1B925179

2. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Suspect those are manufactured by two different vendors (as is often the case comparing aftermarket).

Since it's a Mercury Engine... perhaps using the one that's backed by the engine manufacturer has some value. Do you have the base with wiring harness and water in fuel feature?

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

3. Member
    There doesn't appear to be any additional harness/sensor with the product that was installed on my boat. Unfortunately...I had this work done at the end of our season and the boat is in winter storage for another 5 months or so...will have to see how it all works then. Just wanted to have some spare parts on hand. I must have OCD or something...I hate that the one they installed says "Honda Marine" on it...I prefer Quicksilver/Mercury! But the design appears different despite being listed as a replacement option.
    Cashcrews
    2012 150 Fourstroke
    Model: 1150F23HD
    SN: 1B925179

4. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    There are several different filter manufacturers that make a replacement cartridge for that particular Racor filter.

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor