Clinton in December

Is it worth driving 4 hours to fish in the next couple weeks? I've only fished here a couple times and it was in June.

2. Member
    Philly will phil you in. He's the Clinton guru. May just depend on your tolerance for weather and ability to catch limited numbers. Always big fish to be caught there.

Yes, depending on weather. I’ve been fish’n a little bit on warmer days and there are still plenty of fish in typical Fall patterns. Feel free to message me before you come down here and I’d be happy to give you more up to date info.

4. Member
    I’ve only been a handful of times and don’t really know anything about the lake but I’m thinking about making the 1.5 hour drive there tomorrow (Friday 25th) to give it a shot.

You can catchy some shallow fish right now from main lake laydowns. White spinnerbait and chatterbait has been good. The stretch of laydowns between Y-Cove and Houseboat Cove has a lot of fish right now, but honestly any main lake laydowns with a little wind blowing into them are worth fish’n right now. I’m sure that if we get a little bit of South wind, the laydowns between Mascoutin and Dewitt will be really good and the water is a few degrees warmer up there as well.

6. Member
    Hello Philly
    My son and I are coming down to Clinton on Saturday. Are there any good spots to start at?

Quote Originally Posted by philhen View Post
    Hello Philly
    My son and I are coming down to Clinton on Saturday. Are there any good spots to start at?
    Im currently in St. Louis, so, I haven’t fished in the past couple days. I would probably fish the North bank and coves between the Mascoutin boat ramp and the Dewitt road causeway. The smaller (South)!bridge opening on Dewitt causeway had some fish around it earlier in the week and we caught several keepers from both points of the South opening on a 5/16 finesse jig (brown with green pumpkin chunk) and a DT8 crankbait (chartreuse with brown back). Fish the laydowns and stumps along the entire North bank with a spinnerbait and a jig.