Ghost TB-164372 07 NOV 2022

https://www.lowrance.com/globalasset...m_medium=email

Haven't seen this posted

Ghost Over Current Protection – Alternate Wire Routing
    Lowrance has identified an issue with the Ghost Trolling Motor that can occur inside the foot pedal assembly if the system has an internal short. The result of this short can lead to damage and failure of the circuitry inside the pedal. In rare cases, this has resulted in sparks and smoke emitting from the foot pedal assembly. If this occurs, immediately remove power from the system and contact support. What you should do:You should not use the trolling motor until this rework has been completed. You should verify you are using an appropriately sized fuse or circuit breaker as outlined in the Installation Manual on page 23. As an added measure of protection, a wire relocation on the Ghost Foot Pedal is required. Lowrance will cover the cost for this rework at your nearest authorized service center or you can perform the rework in less than 15mins (estimated time) on your own by following the Instructions below. Your Manufacturer Warranty will not be impacted by performing this rework as outlined in the Instructions below. Review the work instructions below. If you do not feel comfortable to perform this rework, contact your local Authorized Service Center to schedule the rework by referencing Tech Bulletin: 164372 To locate your nearest service center, visit: https://www.lowrance.com/dealer-locator

- 2019 Ranger Z185 - Mercury 150 Pro XS

2. Member
    I got the email as well.
    Kinda figured I would've seen this already mentioned in the Lowrance thread.
    Last edited by djb750; 11-21-2022 at 01:19 PM.
    Bullet 21XRS
    Mercury Pro XS 250

I got my email today and I just got through doing the fix. It took longer to find a T-15 bit than it took to move the wire. I'm glad they gave us the option to do it ourselves instead of being backed up at a service center.
    2014 X19
    2014 200 SHO

Just did mine also, easy peasy. So glad it was stated do yourself.
    2022 Caymas cx20pro 250 Pro XS s/n 3B099812

Will check mine tomorrow. Did not get email, but just bought Ghost about 2 weeks ago or so, so not registered yet I guess. Need to to that and register my PP's too!

6. Member
    Maybe yours will already be done the correct way. They provide an inspection code to tell whether you need to do it our not.

NoCAL
    2004TR-21X/2015 250 ProXS
    2B112175

7. Member
    I got mine earlier this year, wondering if my needs the work done. Everything has worked fine for me so far, haven’t seen an email yet and I did register mine shortly after I got it.

Quote Originally Posted by NoCAL View Post
    Maybe yours will already be done the correct way. They provide an inspection code to tell whether you need to do it our not.

NoCAL
    If the S/N on the accy box is correct, then yes I am way ahead of the SN's affected. I'll check the label under the TM pedal to confirm though.

Actually it's a bit confusing. My Ghost matches the TM Bulletin number in the document, but my serial number is above the specified range... way above, actually - 128621xxx. Seems like it would not be affected but tbh I am not sure. I mean, it doesn't make sense that my serial would be 8 million higher than the affected range, which is 120784377. Unless the serial is not really sequential but incorporates date coding somehow...
    Last edited by 78Staff; 11-22-2022 at 03:52 PM.

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 78Staff View Post
    If the S/N on the accy box is correct, then yes I am way ahead of the SN's affected. I'll check the label under the TM pedal to confirm though.

Actually it's a bit confusing. My Ghost matches the TM Bulletin number in the document, but my serial number is above the specified range... way above, actually - 128621xxx. Seems like it would not be affected but tbh I am not sure. I mean, it doesn't make sense that my serial would be 8 million higher than the affected range, which is 120784377. Unless the serial is not really sequential but incorporates date coding somehow...
    Best to see if you have the ID sticker on the pedal plate. If not check to ensure the wires are moved to the proper locations. Red Wire and Red&Black Wire should be on the same stand-off closest to the toe end of the foot pedal.
    As some extra context - Motors that do have the sticker have the wires moved to those locations as indicated by the bulletin.

Quote Originally Posted by 06x6spdGTO View Post
    Best to see if you have the ID sticker on the pedal plate. If not check to ensure the wires are moved to the proper locations. Red Wire and Red&Black Wire should be on the same stand-off closest to the toe end of the foot pedal.
    As some extra context - Motors that do have the sticker have the wires moved to those locations as indicated by the bulletin.
    Yep, I watched the short how to vid and that cleared it up. As you stated, if you have the bulletin sticker, then the mod was already done. In my case it was done at the factory before it shipped.

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 78Staff View Post
    Yep, I watched the short how to vid and that cleared it up. As you stated, if you have the bulletin sticker, then the mod was already done. In my case it was done at the factory before it shipped.
    Just to clarify, if it is done at the factory - It would have the sticker on the outside of the box and on the bottom of the pedal. "Motors that have been assembled to these specifications can be identified by the sticker on the bottom of the foot pedal and on the outside of the box"

12. Member
    Just completed mine. A bit of a hassle to get the cables back in the correct locations for the floor plate to sit flush, grease was a mess, and cables didn't really want to bend correctly but got it done in about 20 minutes.

NoCAL
    2004TR-21X/2015 250 ProXS
    2B112175

13. Member

- 2019 Ranger Z185 - Mercury 150 Pro XS

14. Member
    Received an email from Lowrance with instructions. Took less than 20 minutes to complete.
    2019 Nitro Z20
    250 ProXS

15. Member
    Thx. This TSB applies to my ghost. Appreciate the heads up. I have not received an email or any sort of notification on the Lowrance app.
    2022 Ranger z518 / 2022 Merc Pro XS 200 serial # 3B137559

Got mine done today. There was a bit of wear to the insulation on the Red wire where it rubbed on the bottom plate so it was obviously needed.

Ghost.jpg
    Butch Derickson
    2011 Z521 w/250 hp SHO
    Traverse City, Michigan

17. Member
    Butch-if you haven’t already done so, I’d wrap that worn area with electrical tape.
    2022 Ranger z518 / 2022 Merc Pro XS 200 serial # 3B137559