Center storage compartment

I've got a 2022 CX21 that I purchased in August. Love the boat so far other than one issue. The bottom of my center rod box is very week/soft. It is not rigid at all. I can push up and down with one finger and have the bottom flex 1/2". It has not broken nor has it cracked yet. Has anyone experienced the same thing on theirs? Is this normal and I should worry about it?

I have a CX20, never pushed on my center compartment. It all fiberglass so Id say just flexing. I doubt it ever causes a problem.
    2022 Caymas cx20pro 250 Pro XS s/n 3B099812

3. Fishing is a Passion
    I would be calling the dealer
    2002 Pro Craft 200 Super Pro- 2005 200 Mercury Optimax, Retired
    Empty Nester- Proud Grandfather 5-30-2014-Boy-Aiden, 8-2-2017-Boy-Calen

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by silverbacks View Post
    I've got a 2022 CX21 that I purchased in August. Love the boat so far other than one issue. The bottom of my center rod box is very week/soft. It is not rigid at all. I can push up and down with one finger and have the bottom flex 1/2". It has not broken nor has it cracked yet. Has anyone experienced the same thing on theirs? Is this normal and I should worry about it?
    The bottom of the box is not the bottom of the boat so its not a huge deal, I would still have it checked out, I will see if mine will flex like that and let you know if it does.

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyO View Post
    I would be calling the dealer
    Did that and they said it was normal? Just seems strange as I know I could never step on it. My foot would go right through it

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by happykamper View Post
    The bottom of the box is not the bottom of the boat so its not a huge deal, I would still have it checked out, I will see if mine will flex like that and let you know if it does.
    I understand that totally and that's why I haven't raised such a big stink about it. It just seems strange. None of my previous twelve bass boats had this problem including my Triton 21 TRX which has the exact same center box layout. That one was solid as heck

7. Member
    I understand that totally and that's why I haven't raised such a big stink about it. It just seems strange. None of my previous twelve bass boats had this problem including my Triton 21 TRX which has the exact same center box layout. That one was solid as heck

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by silverbacks View Post
    I checked mine and I can push it down using fairly good force, that being said i see no problem with it unless you are planning on standing in the floor of the compartment. The floor holds no weight, it is just a rod box that has a rod rack and you can store boxes of lures. I do not think it is a problem.

9. Member
    I checked mine and I can push it down using fairly good force, that being said i see no problem with it unless you are planning on standing in the floor of the compartment. The floor holds no weight, it is just a rod box that has a rod rack and you can store boxes of lures. I do not think it is a problem.
    Got it....thanks for checking

Just checked mine. Same as you describe your compartment. I don't see tackle ever causing a problem.
    2022 Caymas cx20pro 250 Pro XS s/n 3B099812

11. Georgia Fishing Reports Moderator
    Same on my 19

12. Member
    You could drill a couple 1/4" holes and inject some 8 lb foam flotation to add some support underneath the compartment.

Same on my CX18ss