?Best shallow water anchors?

I am looking to equip my 2022 Caymas CX19 with a set of shallow water anchors and was wondering the pros and cons of each. One of my concerns is the clearance on my garage door when backing my boat in. My motor barely fits under the opening of garage door.

2. Member
    I've had PP and Talons, like them both. I loved the 12' depth of the Talons, but they are very heavy with brackets and can affect they way your boat runs. I now have PP's. Best customer service on the planet bar none. All the stories you hear about that are true, simply remarkable! As far as the garage door, I have a pair of Talon tilt brackets on my Poles and tilt them down when storing in the garage. The Talon brackets work nicely and just need to slightly enlarge holes on tilt brackets. There are tilt brackets made for PP, and I would think they would work fine, just more expensive. You also could just deploy them a bit to get under the door as well, can't do that with fixed Talons.

I agree w the above. Iv never had talons but know people who do. They like the 12' depth but that's about it. I can't speak on Raptors bc I don't know anyone that has any.

When anything goes wrong u have to take them to an ASC which is a pain. PP will send you the part. Most anyone can fix a PP as far as the anchor part. If there is a pump issue all u have to do is call PP and they will send u a ref number and repair the pump. I'll never have anything but PP.

I had 10' poles and I'd just lower the poles when clearing the garage door. I just have a normal garage nothing fancy.
    Last edited by Tim W; 11-21-2022 at 11:44 PM.

Triton 19 XS Elite, 225 Mercury Pro XS, Minn Kota Ultrex 112, Hydrowave H2, Twin 8' Power Pole Blades, Power Pole CHARGE, Lowrance HDS 12 and 16 at console, Lowrance HDS 9, Garmin LiveScope at bow, Mercmonitor, Rigid Industries Deck lights and other stuff to come that will make me go more broke

4. Member
    I do have to add, I have to have tilt brackets since I have to fit under a beam in the back of the garage with no room in back to deploy them.
    Last edited by jerzia; 11-22-2022 at 07:44 AM.

5. BBC SPONSOR/ Shallow Water Anchors Moderator
    Set of power poles with talon tilt brackets (best value) would suit you perfectly. Give us a call happy to help.
    Last edited by KandKKustomz; 11-25-2022 at 06:55 AM.

6. Member
    Power pole all day. Great customer service and knowledge on tap.

7. Member
    Power poles for sure, great customer service better availability, and they don't have as many issues.

8. Member
    I have had both and say Talons holds better I also like them around docks because they don’t go under the docks like a PP would, but I would agree with most O’Hare power pole customer service is untouchable.

9. Member
    i have poles because I didn't want to wait a year on raptors but they were my first choice. Had talons and they always worked great also
    2022 z519 cup 225 merc 4s ser # 3B210484. 2--hds12 live units. 2 poles, atlas plate, ghost, hamby's, active target, merc digital gauges
    2002 basscat pantera 3 (dad bought new) sold 8-2-22
    2000 stratos 20 ss (bought new) 200 hp Rude ficht great boat/motor sold 11-21
    pulled by a 2500HD Denali
    proud dad of an ARMY Captain
    MAGA
    ASE/GM Master tech before tools

10. Member
    I love my 10 foot poles. I can back the boat under my garage if I lower them.

11. Member
    I have Raptors due to a buddy owning a marina and having a minn kota account so I got them at cost. Take this out of the equation and I might have gone with blades. Poles, Raps, Talons, they are all going to hold the boat and they all do a great job at it. The deciding factor if $$$ is not an issue comes down to customer support. This is something Power Pole has on lock down for many years.