Sitka and First Lite

Looking at getting some new bibs and jacket, looking at Sitka Incinerator and FIrst Lite sanctuary anyone have experience with these or something similar?

2. Member
    Between wife and I we have both. What do you want to know?

3. Stocks/Investments Moderator boneil's Avatar
    I'm in the same boat. I fell in love with Firstlite a few years ago and have been buying for early and mid season. This year I tried some Sitka gear and was really impressed with what I bought. I still need to upgrade my cold weather gear. And like you I'm debating between the two brands.

My question would be, what stays warmer for longer sits with the least amount of layering underneath? Is the Aerolite stuff legit? I came across an Aerolite jacket in the store and it felt like nothing.
    Thanos was the hero

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MacIntosh View Post
    Between wife and I we have both. What do you want to know?
    Which one is better for colder weather without having to layer as much. Just say Weather in the 20’s

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by boneil View Post
    I'm in the same boat. I fell in love with Firstlite a few years ago and have been buying for early and mid season. This year I tried some Sitka gear and was really impressed with what I bought. I still need to upgrade my cold weather gear. And like you I'm debating between the two brands.

My question would be, what stays warmer for longer sits with the least amount of layering underneath? Is the Aerolite stuff legit? I came across an Aerolite jacket in the store and it felt like nothing.
    I don’t have either but absolutely hate layering. Wind up with so many clothes on can’t hardly move.

Not sure about either of those but for what it’s worth, I bought some SKRE stuff back in January for cold hunts. Used it in February for coyote hunting and was very impressed. But last week while in Colorado, the morning temps were -10 to 5 degrees and highs in the upper 20’s. I never got cold while sitting and glassing for long periods of time.

Check Gordy and Sons website, they are in Houston. They had a big sale on a lot of items and they sell Sitka, huge inventory. They had some Sitka on sale but not sure how much. If you're ever in Houston that store is worth checking out, insanely nice store with some insanely priced shotguns up to $300,000.

8. Member
    Tossup in warmth. I live in northern vt so we hunt down into single digits routinely, im not sure if one is any warmer than the other, they are both very warm. If you are packing to a stand they are far too warm to hike in so you’ll need to carry them in—very bulky. Sitka is a fleece outer fabric so
    Prob a little quieter. Fl is also quiet, but its a cleaner face fabric so doesnt pick up burrs or snow nearly as much and prob a little more weather resistant due to this as well. Both zip on/off easy.

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeSouza View Post
    Not sure about either of those but for what it’s worth, I bought some SKRE stuff back in January for cold hunts. Used it in February for coyote hunting and was very impressed. But last week while in Colorado, the morning temps were -10 to 5 degrees and highs in the upper 20’s. I never got cold while sitting and glassing for long periods of time.
    +1 on the SKRE stuff. Their warmest suit, think it's called the Guardian is like hunting in a sleeping bag. Much cheaper than Sitka as well.

I am a Sitka fan. Started buying it a couple years ago as most of the camo and hunting clothing I had were pretty much worn out and not really higher end gear.
    So went and dropped a ton on Sitka.
    I will say I can comfortably hunt in pretty cold temps with layering. I normally run a lightweight base layer, Then a heavyweight base layer then whatever outter wear I want. I have the Sitka puffy jacket and that thing is really warm.
    I have no problem with First Lite or the Kuiu gear also and really jsut mainly went with Sitka as I could go to my local BPS or Cabelas and try it on to make sure it fits the way I want vs the other two you have to buy direct from their website as they dont have retailers.
    First lite used to but got rid of the retailers a couple of years ago.
    I will say this, years ago when the hunting clothing started to take off and get pretty expensive I would have never thought I would pay $200 for a pair of hunting pants or $300 for a jacket. But after using it I cant see the reason not to. I have had my stuff going on almost 3 years now and its been to one trip to CO so far and it all performed like it should have and all still looks like it is still new.
    Old saying get what you pay for is 100% right.

Another place for you all to look if your looking for Sitka stuff is GoHunt.com. They have a ton of Sitka gear and have quite a few sales all the time so its a good place to get some stuff for a good price.

11. Losing fish by the pound. CDN Bass's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by C130 View Post
    Check Gordy and Sons website, they are in Houston. They had a big sale on a lot of items and they sell Sitka, huge inventory. They had some Sitka on sale but not sure how much. If you're ever in Houston that store is worth checking out, insanely nice store with some insanely priced shotguns up to $300,000.
    I checked their site. One shotgun was close to $500k. What makes these guns that pricey?

I'm sure that my Browning BPS can knock down birds with the best of these.
    Maple syrup... I put that sh*t on everything!
    '09 Stratos 201 XL EVO DC | 250 Pro XS | Razor 4 25P | 6" JP | 10' Talons Gen 2 | 112# Ultrex | Lowrance C12 x 4 | AT | '16 RAM Rebel

Quote Originally Posted by CDN Bass View Post
    I checked their site. One shotgun was close to $500k. What makes these guns that pricey?

I’m not sure, some crazy expensive shotguns. Guy that helped me told me only ten were made of one specific gun and the value had gone up over $50,000 since they got it in, I think he said they got two or three of the ten. I wonder if people actually shoot the $200,000 plus guns but he said they sell a couple of the really expensive ones a month. Lots of people with lots of big money.

Quote Originally Posted by CDN Bass View Post

When you spend $500K on a shotgun it is not about birds. It's more like art collecting.