Flip up red dot for pistol

Anyone run a flip up red dot on their pistols. Finished building a Glock 19 yesterday and want to add one in addition to the traditional sights. I dont want an expensive full time red dot as this is more of a truck / beater gun.

And lastly. This will show how much of a rookie I am. What the heck adapter plate do I need. The slide is already cut for an additional sight in addition to the traditional type. Its slightly curved toward the barrel end and straight toward the rear near the traditional rear sight.

Yes yes rookie I know.

Many thanks.

This don’t really answer your question but I’ve got piles of pistols and shoot a lot. I’ve tried a few of the flip ups and never really liked them as much as a fixed red dot with co-witness irons. For conceal carry I go irons….no dots. Competition style shooting I like em. Good luck and if you find a flip up you like please report back.
    BULLET 20 XRD/250 Merc Sport XS
    www.ncboatguy.com

3. Member

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Cestratton View Post
    Very interesting video. Thanks for that

I wouldn't get a flip up on a pistol, actually never seen one that I can think of. I won't debate the use of a red dot but will say after I bought one and started using one I am a big fan of them. Two years ago I thought they were more hype than anything, I was just clueless.

Which adapter plate will be determined by which red dot you buy. Is the slide already cut for an optic, if so, you might not need an adapter plate? Finding one for a flip up optic might be harder, as I stated earlier I've never seen one on a pistol but others might be way more knowledgeable.

I bought my son a Glock 17 and it was cut specifically by the gunsmith for a Trijicon RMR so no adapter plate. I have several 1911's and all have red dots and they all use an adapter plate. I can't recall Glocks being cut for an optic from the factory so guessing maybe it was done by a gunsmith.
    Last edited by C130; 11-29-2022 at 02:19 PM.

You can buy new Glocks that are MOS ready…
    BULLET 20 XRD/250 Merc Sport XS
    www.ncboatguy.com