Correct Digital Trim Sender part # for 2021 175 ProXS 4 Stroke?

Serial# 3B043278

Anyone know the correct part number for a digital trim sender for my 2021 175 PRO XS?

Triton TR186DC / Mercury 175 Pro XS 4s Serial #3B043278 / Dual 12' Talons / Dual Solix 12" SI / Mega 360 / Garmin 1242xsv w/ LiveScope LVS34 / Motorguide TM / Bob’s 6" Hydraulic JP

2. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Moving your thread to the 4-Stroke Forum for you.

8M0142805 is the correct Part Number: The engine came with only a Digital Trim Sender (from the Factory).

Replacement requires that the Trailer and Trim Limits be checked.

Your engine is under Warranty- so unless it was physically damaged (ie: Broken by external forces), it's likely covered.

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

Don, is there a way I can check/verify my motor still has the digital trim sender on it? The shop wouldn’t have changed to the analog during install to work with my old gauge would they? I am going to replace all my gauges with systemlink gauges, so I want to make sure I don’t need to replace that before ordering the gauges from Rhonda.

Triton TR186DC / Mercury 175 Pro XS 4s Serial #3B043278 / Dual 12' Talons / Dual Solix 12" SI / Mega 360 / Garmin 1242xsv w/ LiveScope LVS34 / Motorguide TM / Bob’s 6" Hydraulic JP

4. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Digital is the only option on this series engine. PCM puts out both a Digital AND an Analog signal.

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

Perfect! I think I understand now regarding the trim. One additional question for you. I assume that I do need the fuel harness in order to replace my existing fuel gauge with the sc100 gauge, correct? Where will that harness connect on my engine. I looked around to see if I could find where it would connect, but I am not finding anything. I just want to confirm that I need it, and see if you can guide me to the connector in the engine. Thanks in advance for all your help!
    Last edited by BassBustingDave; 12-04-2022 at 09:01 PM.

6. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Yes, and it plugs in at the back of the engine at the electrical plate.

Is this where the fuel harness would plug in? It is labeled/tagged “Boat Harness”. Just making sure so I can install once i receive it. 921F5101-B9C9-4B36-8F20-AAEF2E209B2C.jpeg

8. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Sure is. That new harness must route along the same pathway as the keyswitch harness (way down in the lower cowling channel).