Thread: PP pumps

PP pumps

My CM2.0 pumps seem to weep oil. Iv checked all 4 hoses and both yellow caps. All are tight. Iv cleaned the oil up a few times and it's back.

I don't recall my CM1 pumps doing this. Does anyone else have this issue.

Triton 19 XS Elite, 225 Mercury Pro XS, Minn Kota Ultrex 112, Hydrowave H2, Twin 8' Power Pole Blades, Power Pole CHARGE, Lowrance HDS 12 and 16 at console, Lowrance HDS 9, Garmin LiveScope at bow, Mercmonitor, Rigid Industries Deck lights and other stuff to come that will make me go more broke

2. mikesxpress
    If you have cleaned the pumps and determined you have no leaks at the pump fittings or reservoir to pump gasket look at the yellow Parker hyd caps.

Check your reservoir levels with the boat/trailer at the angle it is when hooked to your tow vehicle as well as the angle it is at rest in the water. Is the reservoir fluid at these angles severely tilted forward/aft? If that level is severe enough to allow fluid to slosh onto the base of the cap it can disperse fluid. The cap is also a vent for the reservoir and contains a removable poly type filter. If you remove the cap and see that the filter has oil on it, that can create what appears to be a leak. I've seen this multiple times. Leveling the pumps to the match the towing position normally cures this as the towing creates more side to side motion of the fluid vs the bow to stern motion when in use on the water.

3. Hun Driver
    I had the same problem last year and it turned out to be a cracked reservoir. The crack was on the bottom and I only found it after removing it. Very small but just enough to have a fluid leak. Might check that.

I found the culprit. The two halfs of the reservoir are separating. All of The screws are tight. Has anyone seen this? Man it made a mess. It's like this in the back and the front.

I sent PP a message. I'm sure I'll be sending them the pump next week.

Triton 19 XS Elite, 225 Mercury Pro XS, Minn Kota Ultrex 112, Hydrowave H2, Twin 8' Power Pole Blades, Power Pole CHARGE, Lowrance HDS 12 and 16 at console, Lowrance HDS 9, Garmin LiveScope at bow, Mercmonitor, Rigid Industries Deck lights and other stuff to come that will make me go more broke

5. Member
    Mine have seeped since new. Authorized service center replaced caps, 1 fitting & reservoir gaskets this year (poles are only 23 months old) & they still seep. I place oil absorbany sheets under them….only mess is on the pump….keeps my bilge clean.
    Lightning 6
    2007 TR-196DC

Mi e are about 24 months old. I'll probably send both pump in to since I'm sending one

As expected PP shipped me a reservoir kit