Thread: TR 20x2

TR 20x2

I have a 08 TR 20x2 I am think about selling but it has 750 hrs on a 225 optimax. The ? is should I rebuild it first or try to sell like it is and do you think $21000 would be to much to ask Thanks

2. Member
    If it doesn’t need a rebuild then I wouldn’t. Anytime I see someone selling a car or boat or anything with a fresh rebuild I wonder why? Why sell something with a brand new engine, must be a lot wrong with it. Maybe that’s just me tho. I feel like a well cared for engine can do well over 1000 hours. On a side note at that age the hours are in-line I think. So if it’s cared for it shouldn’t be a huge deal. As far as your price, knowing nothing about it I would not be comfortable giving my opinion.

3. Member
    I agree with the reply above. I bought my first boat in May of 2021 and actively avoided brand new rebuilds. I actually bought the same boat you’re trying to sell, but with less hours, for a little more than you’re wanting to ask for it. It came with an ultrex and 3 slightly outdated graphs and the boat was in “good, but definitely used” condition.

How much you can get out of that boat is heavily dependent on what accessories are on it and what kind of shape it’s in. I suggest looking at other boat listings in your area to get a good idea of what they’re going for.

4. Member
    just to update I repowered with a 2014 250 pro xs. Just trying to get the setup right now

5. Member
    Tempest 25 and fury 4 25 both work great on that hull