Trolling Pedal Tray for Lowe Skorpion 17

Hello! Just bought a new Lowe Skorpion 17 and had a Minn Kota Ultrex installed. I want to install a foot pedal tray but am unsure if it affects the structure etc. There's room in from of the seat post mount. Just a new boat owner and concerned about cutting into the deck. I've tried to contact Lowe but haven't gotten a reply yet. Any thoughts or advice would be most welcome.

There seems to be enough room between the seat post and the front, but you'll need to measure to be sure. Not sure there's enough depth to the keel at the front of the tray tho. And not sure if there is any cross bracing forward of the seat post. Can you see forward from the front center storage ? Does that storage bin come out ? I'd do some serious investigating before you start cutting !!
    Ranger Boats / Mercury Motors
    G Loomis Rods / Shimano Reels
    Raymarine / MinnKota Ultrex
    Garmin / Live Scope Plus
    Pepper Jigs / Robo Worms
    Troll Bridge / V-T2 Vents

3. Member
    Thanks. Definitely will make sure I look at structure before cutting. I’ll see if I can access a view through the storage.

4. Member
    I bought an Ultrex with iPilot Link last March. I have used the pedal twice, first time to make sure it works. I do everything now from the remote. Give it a try. Good luck.

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Hutchinstien View Post
    Hello! Just bought a new Lowe Skorpion 17 and had a Minn Kota Ultrex installed. I want to install a foot pedal tray but am unsure if it affects the structure etc. There's room in from of the seat post mount. Just a new boat owner and concerned about cutting into the deck. I've tried to contact Lowe but haven't gotten a reply yet. Any thoughts or advice would be most welcome.
    I have a Skorpion as well. There is a aluminum structural beam that runs in the area we would install a tray. Lowe advised against this and after feeling around the underside of the deck, I won't make the cut... As much as I want a tray, it just wasn't meant for our boat. just my 2 cents.

Quote Originally Posted by Zilla18 View Post
    I own a Skorpion as well. There is a structural beam that runs in the area we would install a tray. Lowe advised against this and after feeling around the underside of the deck, I won't make the cut... As much as I want a tray, it just wasn't meant for our boat. just my 2 cents.
    I also had a 2019 Lowe Skorpion 17 and made the cut. I weigh in at about 240lb and the screws in the outer edge of the tray add enough rigidity to make up for what you cut out. I off set mine as forward as possible and as far to the right as possible to make it not such a wide gap (less distance = stronger) since I did know I was taking out some structure under the deck. Like I said I had very minimal flex and would do it again. I can find more pics later if you need. I'm not sure if I still have pictures of the cut but I think I have the scrap piece of deck in my garage somewhere.

I sold that boat in 2020 for 5 grand more than what I bought it for and miss it very much.

See attached pics..
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by yngbuck19; 12-08-2022 at 04:23 AM. Reason: Additional pictures